I'm Branching Into Wax Manufacture

Ashley

Right ladies and gentlebeans this is currently still in development (having it trialled by various suppliers and manufacturers) but my aim is to start selling this by the end of the month:

wax016.jpg

wax015.jpg

It will be sold in 50ml pots to begin with (enough to do about 15 layers on a Loop). Ingredients include T1 carnauba (highest grade), candelilla wax, beeswax, orange oil, cinnamon oil and coconut oil.

Price is yet to be confirmed, but i'm not aiming to make a bomb, more to help my fellow enthusiasts out who are being ripped off. So keep your eyes peeled :)

Ashley

Edited by Ashley

Interested if price ok and it does what it should, is this one wax for all colour's or will it be better on some more than others, is it easy to get off, streak free, can be applied in sun, Hi Gloss etc :thumbsup: , well that's my wishlist sorted. keep me posted or you could send me sample :yes:

George

I don't have any more samples to send out unfortunately. I have found it to tick all of the boxes but i'm not going to rave about it until I get some reviews back from fellow pros / experienced hobbyists.

It's completely natural and is quite similar in it's formulation to more high end carnauba waxes such as Raceglaze, although I wouldn't like to make any direct comparisons.

Like I said updates to follow :)

P.S I wouldn't recommend applying any carnauba wax on a hot panel / in direct sunlight.

P.P.S It's suitable for all colours but like most premium carnauba waxes will probably excel on darker metallics / solids.

Edited by Ashley

I don't even know how to apply wax! I only have ever used polish, but if I ever feel confident enough to have a go I'll definitely give your stuff a bash.

You just apply a thin layer with a foam applicator (the thinner the layer the better) leave it to cure for however long it states on the product and then buff off :).

Ashley

Had a little bit of a play with it on some coasters this evening. I waxed one and left the other unwaxed. I then gave each coaster 50 pumps with a fine mist of water to compare water behaviour. Firstly the unprotected coaster:

S7300659.jpg

And the waxed coaster:

S7300658.jpg

S7300660.jpg

And yes I think I am going insane :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of progress / updates, been honeymooning :) and subsequently trying to catch up with work. This is still under development, progress to follow :)

can i send you my coasters ????

i am in for a pot, post the details when your sorted