Passat Detail Ready For Edition

Ashley

Right folks so it’s Edition this weekend and I thought I would show you one of the cars I have prepped (I have done a few) so you can keep your eye out. It’s Matty_Mk1’s Passat in Samoa Pearl :wub:.

As with my last thread posted on here I didn’t have time for photos of each stage so I will just explain the process and then show you some pictures at the end (also please note that when I did the job the bad ass wheels weren‘t on, hence no mention of wheel / arch cleaning):

- Rinsed thoroughly (so I don’t have to repeat myself all water used was 0ppm reverse osmosised water).

- Sprayed with Valet Pro Orange Pre-wash (1:5), left to dwell and rinsed off.

- Sprayed with Valet Pro Orange Pre-wash (1:5), shuts, handles etc were agitated with an envy detailing brush, left to dwell and rinsed off.

- Washed with the two bucket method using grit guarded buckets (which I don’t think I’ll be using anymore but that’s for a different thread), CG Glossworkz and a Dodo Juice Yeti mitt.

- Rinsed very well.

- Dried with an Aeolus touch less dryer.

- Lower half of the car was sprayed with AS Tardis. I left this to work for a while and then gave it all a careful wipe over with an MF cloth before rinsing thoroughly.

- The whole vehicle was then covered in Wolf’s Decon Gel, which was left to dry to a hard shell before being thoroughly rinsed off with a strong PW jet.

- Washed again with the two bucket method using grit guarded buckets, CG Glossworkz and a Dodo Juice Yeti mitt.

- Dried with an Aeolus touch less dryer.

- Taken under cover and masked up.

- Tried various machine polishing combinations on my test are until I found one that would give the most cut whilst still leaving a deep, reflective hologram free finish. In the end I settled on S3 Gold with 3M yellow pads. I also tried to tackle some very VERY severe defects with S3 and a wool pad. As this was an enhancement some marks remained, especially on the roof where it looked like bird lime etching / egg protein etching coupled with marks left behind from a very crude attempt to remove the etching (scourer / brillo pad by the looks of it).

- Then the car was dusted over very carefully with a lambs wool duster. Trim was dressed with Megs Hyper Dressing, glass was cleaned with VP Citrus Bling at correct dilution ratio and some general tidying up.

- CG EZ Crème Acrylic Glaze applied with my DAS-6 and some ECC Red Coolfoam Pads.

- Now for the wax. I had sampled this wax before but had only just bought a pot for myself so decided to give it it’s first outing, CG Celeste Detagglio :wub:.

Finished shots:

IMG_2715.jpg

IMG_2709.jpg

IMG_2697-1.jpg

IMG_2718.jpg

Edited by Ashley

Thank you sir, it was flippin' hard work, probably the greatest turn around i've ever achieved in a single day, shame I don't have any before photos :(.

Sorry for picture whoring but I have found another one taken at Edition38 last weekend:

6116827307_303b9aa36b_o.jpg

I have a thread in the traders section with discounted prices for CL members, have a wee scanty :)