anyone know the price for a cylinder

carli259

hi i'm new on here, i have a 03 lupo gti and its at the garage at the mo with a cylinder problem. does anyone know how much it would cost for a new cylinder because i'm going out of my mind worrying about the cost.

has anyone else had a cylinder problem.

thanks carlli

well im not 100% sure they are getting an engineer out to check it out, they only said cylinder damage caused by the spark plugs and thats all they said.they are going to ring me with a quote on tuesday.

Getting a spare cylinder head isn't the end of the world.

Henaz on here bought my old Polo GTI engine, I gave him a spare head with it, may be worth a PM ?

I had a call from the garage and they said I need a replacement cylinder head, new spark plug and lead for £190.

They have to do that before they can look into why it lost it's power?

If there is other possible problems regarding a specific cylinder (as mentioned in your first post) would it no be more cost effective to find everything that needs to be done first? Why would they need to put a new cylinder head on first? If the bottom end is knackered you have then wasted the labour costs in fitting the new cylinder head, and if you end up getting a used engine, odds are it will have the cylinder head on it, leaving you with a spare?