How low can you down with coilovers to pass MOT.

Pol_McGuigan

Being low wont affect your cars ability to pass its mot. You may if you have coilovers and a very low car have to raise slightly it to get onto ramps but that depends on the garage. Ive never had any trouble with mine on mots and its 60mm down but ive had cars that were 100mm down pass with no issues.

Just make sure that you tell your insurance and get the tracking done.

Chris

:-)

Edited by madmanncfc

I had a right lovely person trying to get an MOT round where i live, there's nothing saying you cant have a low car so it's all about finding the right place. I found a local spot who set up track cars who sort me out. Do your homework and you'll be fine

Cant rub on body work is about only reason for fail I belive. NOt geting on their ramp doesnt matter (if your thinking brake test that doesnt matter) LSD ;-)

Hmmm, I went to a place and they said they're not supposed to use the brake tester unless it's a 4x4, so refused to do it.

Other garages have been fine with using the old-school tester though.

Being lowered wont effect the mot. the only reason for a fail with lowered suspension is if when the rear is jacked up the springs fall back into the seats correctly without any help when the jack is lowered back down. pretty harsh IMO as it takes no effort to just hold a spring in place and its let down.

Hmmm, I went to a place and they said they're not supposed to use the brake tester unless it's a 4x4, so refused to do it.

Seems you might have that other way round. They couldn't for example do it on a TT with a Orange Haldex controller and it doesn't disengage under braking and will destroy the plates in the haldex.