Project restoration - Trackcar to comfort

Brad1992

yeah well the rollcage is cut out, got front seats in and went to work today and then, driving down a hill battery light came on lost all steering and brakes went, scariest 2 minutes of my life, gently came to a rest at the traffic lights 2 mins from my house when a police asked if i was broken down coz i was sat next to my car with its hazards on :((

She's not looking too healthy :'(

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah well the rollcage is cut out, got front seats in and went to work today and then, driving down a hill battery light came on lost all steering and brakes went, scariest 2 minutes of my life, gently came to a rest at the traffic lights 2 mins from my house when a police asked if i was broken down coz i was sat next to my car with its hazards on :((

She's not looking too healthy :'(

Bummer man.... That thing seems cursed!

Which is why I'd like to cheer you on and hope you don't bloody give up!

...I think I may have developed a bond with it!

haha :D well, my mums talking about buying me a new car thats working and having to sell my coilies, alloys and interior etc, but i'm gonna keep her in my garden as a do-er upper show car maybe when funds are greater :))

i haven't actually been told but what problems has this car had before?

mmm... does sound quite cursed, central locking went aswell so my drivers door is locked and won't open!

a pic of my car before she decided to go and die on the way down a hill!

26082011800.jpg

enjoy the new wheels and amazing advertising ;)

found out what it was, one of the fuses on the battery decided to melt! Nowhere around here stocks the part nor does the closest VW parts place so i've gotta order it in from them! I took it to a car part shop near my house and they was like "WTFS THAT?" and yeah, i'll take the skirts off as i was planning to :D and lupo lights, but for the moment i've acquired my mums mk6 fiesta shes had from new with 12k miles on it :P i can see that going up!

i'm planning on selling everything i can, car went for its MOT yesterday and failed by 14 things, the front left wheel could be moved side to side and is ready to snap off so i'm looking at getting a new car so i'm selling anything in it really :( its such a nice car but too much money and work for me who needs a car for work :( - i'll keep the progress thread alive with new car once i get it!

yeah i'm looking at getting that but i need the money to get it as i'm not allowed to borrow money! lol, the car has a break efficiency of 15%, basically all the rear breaks have no effort and the seatbelt retracting mechanism is defective, the front wheels about to snap off and the exhaust has a major leak - but anything you'd like just PM me and i'll sort it with you :D

very true, am driving a 5 door mk6 fiesta zetec at the moment whilst i raise the money :D

if you've ever loved or love VW's i need your help! My mums planning on buying me a 03 reg clio but i want a vdub, i've got about 2 grand and needs to be near thurrock in essex :( please help! i need a polo/lupo thats quite cheap to insure and drive around

if you've ever loved or love VW's i need your help! My mums planning on buying me a 03 reg clio but i want a vdub, i've got about 2 grand and needs to be near thurrock in essex :( please help! i need a polo/lupo thats quite cheap to insure and drive around

ebay 160631922404 :)