Production Up! Previewed

Brother_Will

Looks like VW let the cat out of the bag a little early on the new Lupo/Fox successor and it looks like VW have stuck with the Up! name and not brought back the Lupo badge. Im in two minds about it although its a little nicer than the concept it doesn't really set my heart racing, perhaps the GTI version if there is one will be a little less twee.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/08/21/volkswagen-unveils-production-up-on-the-road-to-frankfurt/#continued

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks tidy and nicely finished. The black one masks the design features somewhat, so that'd be off my colour choice straight away. The model names are curious and if VW offered an individual spec programme, would it be called the Up! Yours? I can't see that naming scheme lasting very long.

If I've understood the article correctly, I'm surprised that the PID thing is a VW device rather than syncing to iOS or Android items, why go to the trouble of designing a new phone when someone has already done it?

As for a GTI, it's not going to happen. I reckon at best we'll see the 105ps 1.2 go in there.

One thing there is no mention of, is the final location for the engine. The last concept that Silver! posted up indicated a front engined car would be the choice. I'm sure if it were rear engined, it might've been made a fuss of.

who'll be first for Up! rims on a Lupo?

Just had a look at the interior on the red one I can predict as soon as spares come available that would be the first thing that would be changed as soon as a club lupo member buys one!

It looks good but I am not completely sold on the front end.

I read somewher today that they have dropped the "!"

I like it, pretty close to the prototype model.

I like the black and white, not so sure of the red. I don't reckon we'll see a GTI, as IDGM says 1.2 105PS.

TSO just had gander at the pic's and says I'm not allowed one. Back and front don't match and it looks like all the other "twee" cars out there.

TBH I'm shocked she has such an opinion :surprised:

oh great another car that looks like an aygo/107/C1/ who ever else has scratched the toyota badge off and glued there own on. it genuinely looks like a lovely personisation of a aygo,twingo and a polo-esque styled front bumper

Love it from the front and side, but the arse end looks god-awful. The lights and boot are rancid.

As for the GTi looks pretty funky, but as said above, the wheels are too small, and I don't think VW would put a "tasty" engine in it, its supposed to be an "eco friendly" car

Would love to see the likes of something like a 1.8Turbo in one of these :P

• 2 weeks later...

In Autocar they have published a road test of the up! and an interview with Ulrich Hackenburg (VW Global Engineering Chief) and he has reported that although no diesel is planned at the moment a four cylinder version of the new 3cylinder 1.0 engine in the standard car. Perhaps this will be the performance up!?