Hello! New owner with some questions!

corby

Hello All!

I've just bought a T reg Lupo S, black, and got a few questions;

Airbag light never goes out on dash. How do I turn it off?

Odd running; starts and runs nicely, but it hesitates on a neutral to positive throttle. Eg, drive along urban sidestreet, pull out to pass parked car and apply more throttle it hesitates a bit and 'wobbles' (I know rubbish description) then accelerates smartly. I think the exhaust 'may' be slightly blowing so that might contribute. Also when the car is first started it seems to have a high 'choke' tickover when you set off.

Suspension; fine for driving but rolls like a ship in the high seas. Any mods to look at? Car done about129000 miles.

Thanks for your help!

its a 1.4 btw

Airbag light might be someone's had the wheel off and not reset it afterwards, or there could be a further fault in the airbag system. Having the car code scanned should reveal this. Probably similar with your running problem, getting the car scanned for any faults should help identify what's up. Could just be a dirty throttle body, etc. When was the car last serviced?

Can't remember offhand (been three days since i was last in the car) but i think cold idle is around 1100-1200, and warm idle is around 800-900rpm

Has the car got standard seats?? Sometimes the airbag light comes on if people change the seats, some random and pointless sensor I think :)

And your running problem will probably be sorted with a good service, air filters, oil filters, fuel lines, and maybe a set of plugs wouldnt go a miss either, good luck, keep us updated and welcome to the forum :wave:

Thanks guys and girls for your help; the steering wheel may well have been off at some point as its not true to centre when you're driving in a straight line. I think the seats are standard but I'm not an expert!

As far as I can tell it was serviced a year ago, but I think I should track a decent local garage with the right equipment.

Otherwise, I really like the car and think it should serve me well for a good while. And the insurance ain't bad either.

Thanks guys and girls for your help; the steering wheel may well have been off at some point as its not true to centre when you're driving in a straight line. I think the seats are standard but I'm not an expert!

my car had exactly the same thing when i bought mine. ALSO a black 99' S model..

After tracking my wheel position improved, but its still not perfect. I have come to live with it being slightly off center.

&

my airbag light was also on when i bought it, the dealer i bought it off said he took the seats out for a clean and that must have set it off.

mines no longer lit but i think ive had some wires snipped as it does not light up when i start.

i have a y reg 1.4, and i've noticed quite a high tick over when started from cold, and my wheel is a little off centre but i think it might be because my wheels have odd camber

As far as I can tell it was serviced a year ago, but I think I should track a decent local garage with the right equipment.

Otherwise, I really like the car and think it should serve me well for a good while. And the insurance ain't bad either.

Loads cheaper to do the service yourself, not hard to do at all :) if you don't feel confident enough to give it a go then yer a garage would be your best bet, I'm just a bit of a tight arse and would rather DIY than pay a garage lol :D let us know how you get on!

i have a y reg 1.4, and i've noticed quite a high tick over when started from cold, and my wheel is a little off centre but i think it might be because my wheels have odd camber

Camber doesnt cause wheel not to be straight!

hi guys, someone at work has offered to service the car for a few beers! Oh and obv. supply the parts; so what oil etc would you lot recommend? I've seen the thread about someone's car juddering which is like mine; should I get HT leads too? Thanks for your help everyone

Have a 1.4 S too - Y reg - did you work out if your seats are original?

hmm, I think they must be; the condition is the same as the rest of the interior. neat and tidy but just a little . . . tired. They got blue trim.