Really want a gti!!

Beas

Hi. Just registered. I really want a lupo gti, I have a fabia vrs at the mo but I'm proper board of it. I got it because I thought I would be doing a lot of miles, but since moving out of my folks house I do hardly any! Lol. Was just wondering what the sort of running costs they would have compared to my vrs. Already done an insurance quote and it is exactly the same for the lupo as my vrs. Any one done this change? Any help would be cool!

Cheers!

youll use more fuel in the GTi than the VRS. A mate of mine has a VRS, and regularly gets 52mpg 5 up @80mph. If you manage to get 40mpg @80mph in the GTi, i'd be impressed.

Hummm. I wish they made a diesel version of the gti. I just love the look of them!!! I know it would be slower but that wouldnt bother me one bit!! I only do about a 100 miles a week, if that. So I'm not sure I'd see a big difference in fuel prices? What do you think?

Yeah I had heard it's not worth a diesel if you only do a few miles. Are high millage lupus ok or anything near 100k a bit naff? Do they hold their price only been looking at prices for a few weeks, looks like you can get a nice one for about 3.5k!!

i brought a GTI with nearly 100k on it and it drives very well after spending £300 on service parts its now even better so i would not be put off buying a higher mileage one .

I own both a gti and vrs. Chalk and cheese TBH. VRS great for longer journeys (more comfortable, more economical, cruise etc.) and i wouldn't want to do the mileage i do in the VRS in the gti. The gti (with decent suspension mods) is much more agile and much more fun to drive round town and for shorter journeys. Though it's slower than the vrs (forget the BHP figures because it's all about torque) the throttle response makes it feel perkier off the mark and keeps it feeling quickish. The VRS is a lazier, more relaxed drive though due to where the torque is in the rev range. I've had far more powerful hatches (mapped S3 and 130i) and personally don't feel i want more grunt from either, as outright straight line speed becomes boring quickly. All depends what you want the car for i suppose. That's why we have both.

p.s. if you get a good un (well maintained and serviced) running costs will be comparable between the two. I've had the gti a couple of years and nothing has gone wrong with it at all (touch wood). I have changed the suspension through preference but otherwise just general servicing costs. Both cars have cambelts so no difference in major service costs either.