MK4 anniversary - Anybody got any experience with these?

marcusgrant

ah, i would prefer the petrol one :wub:

There was one forsale 10 miles from me on autotrader, 56k, fsh, black ....4.5k! when i saw it and rang up it had already sold :(

They seem to demand quite strong money

A friend his selling his diesel one. I can get you full spec if you like?

Can do mate :)

Not really interested in it though if its been modified. Im after a really well look after, totally standard one with fsh. hopefully i'll one will pop up on the private adds one day!

Go on UKMKIVS.net

As said the PD150 eat cams.

I used to work at VW HQ and we had a lot of warranty claims on the the BBS rims as they were originally polished on the 25th anni and corroded then BBS took them back under warranty and replaced them for free until it came to a point that it was becoming silly and they exchanged them for the normal silver version you could buy.

If it is silver, also check there is no clouding in the side skirts as this was another issue. They looked almost grey out the factory.........must have been a curing process issue.

The 1.8T 25th anni is my preference with 180bhp and it sounds good too :)

The 130 GT TDI is the one to get. Comes with a 6 speed box and only difference is the turbo (The 150 is ceramic coated internals apparently) size is the same.

The 130 GT TDI is the one to get. Comes with a 6 speed box and only difference is the turbo (The 150 is ceramic coated internals apparently) size is the same.

That isn't the only difference...

The PD150 engine cams are reground 130 cams hence the chocolate cam problem and the 150 has a front mounted intercooler rather than side mounted.

Cams are the same, nobody knows what kills them.

Turbo, intercooler are different, and the map of course.

PD150 has 12.9 grade head bolts over 10.9 on the PD130.

Oh yeah... 20BHP! lol

Has it been established what caused the chocolate cam problems?

Abuse of the Long-life Servicing schedules which the vast majority of PD150's were sold with...

After 12,000 miles the oil separates into thick and thin... like a lava lamp almost. The heavy thick stuff stays at the bottom which means only the lighter thinner oil reaches the top end due to the oil strainer getting nearly blocked.

Cams are the same, nobody knows what kills them.

PD100, 115, 130's all use the same amount of lift on the cams. PD150 cams are a higher lift.

The 150 is ceramic coated internals apparently

LOL!

Edited by nfbr

PD100, 115, 130's all use the same amount of lift on the cams. PD150 cams are a higher lift.

Same part number for 130 and 150 on ETKA?

Marcus... There is a guy on Edition with a Anni' that only has 6 miles on it from new!!!! Never used on the road!

That isn't the only difference...

The PD150 engine cams are reground 130 cams hence the chocolate cam problem and the 150 has a front mounted intercooler rather than side mounted.

Sorry I did know that. Just being stupid for a moment (happens all the time)

Abuse of the Long-life Servicing schedules which the vast majority of PD150's were sold with...

After 12,000 miles the oil separates into thick and thin... like a lava lamp almost. The heavy thick stuff stays at the bottom which means only the lighter thinner oil reaches the top end due to the oil strainer getting nearly blocked.

LOL!

Wasnt just me that thourght that was a werid statement then. What is the difference Al?

Same part number for 130 and 150 on ETKA?

Shouldn't be? Unless they've reverted to putting PD130 cams in 150's now?

Wasnt just me that thourght that was a werid statement then. What is the difference Al?

From what I can make out, the PD130 and 150 bottom end is identical.

Had one and loved it. Best car I've owned and regret selling it, but student needs a must. Mine was a 1.8t and completely standard with 62k. Then the guy I sold it to modded it with silly wheels.

IMO they should be kept standard, with some

Engine mods and lowered at the most. Would have another in a heart beat