Blurring out license plates

MrDerek

Some people do, some people don't...

why/ why not? :confused:

way I see it, plenty of people (round where I live/ where I work) see my plates anyways so... what's the harm of the internet seeing it?

Am I missing something?

I now have scanned forum a bit and saw this wanted ad you placed for an Egr valve.

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=80134&st=0&p=936661entry936661

My pm to you will go something like this

"hi mate I got an Egr left when I broke my lupo for parts, you can have it for nowt if you like, lemme know where you want it sent"

You are overjoyed by this and happily send me your name and address, next day I pm you again

"sorry mate just gone into the garage and Wifes thrown loadsa bits out the cow! Sorry about that"

I now have your reg, name, address, dob so may aswell clone your **** ;)

/thread?

...but what can you really do with that info?

Fair enough about the same car thing, but as long as I can prove it wasn't me which wouldn't be that hard, then I have no worries right?

just not that worried tbh, but I could be completely missing a point...

Curious what everyone thinks.

How's about, I work for an insurance company and see that you have alot of mods that aren't declared on your policy?

Or that the hit and run crash that happened to your car was infact you hitting a wall on track as your pics show?

Lotsa reasons to do it, mostly due to paranoia tho lol

haha! you scared me for a sec there was actually involved in a hit and run 2-3 years ago... I was thinking - "who is this guy, sherlock holmes??!"

taxi driver took me clean out while I was going round a roundabout :(.

I love it when people blank their plates on ad's on Pistonheads etc. I will check the insurance on this motor.. oh no, I can't.

I love it also when people start to edit their plates in Members Rides and then give up. Why bother in the first place.

I love it when people blank their plates on ad's on Pistonheads etc. I will check the insurance on this motor.. oh no, I can't.

so you're telling me you cant get an insurance quote off Make and Model? Strange, everyone else can.

Plates give alot details out e.g i can give you your chassis number and engine number through searching on the net.

• 2 weeks later...

I sometimes wonder with people blurring them when there car is finished but they havent all the way through the readers ride thread. However if i rang the police and dobbed your plate in for driving eratically etc they would come looking for you. You may be able to show that it wasnt you but why bother with all that hassle.

Bickerton has kind of taken it to the extremes above BUT alot of people will go to great lengths to get something for free to whats to say they wouldnt go to great lengths to clone you.

Easier to find a reflex silver lupo on here than on my street

Too true, any colour you wanted infact, all have signed up on here, only way of getting around it, is to have distinctive features on ur car, stickers, wheels, lights. anything that can show its yours and not someone whos cloned you!

Too true, any colour you wanted infact, all have signed up on here, only way of getting around it, is to have distinctive features on ur car, stickers, wheels, lights. anything that can show its yours and not someone whos cloned you!

There you go so the moral of the story is to clone someone else's plate so then no one will be able to clone yours :)