Mini cooper s and works ?

scotty_82

Has anyone had any first hand experience with these , I've been looking at the 03 to 04 plates in either cooper S form or the works editions? Ive realised the extras really do make a big difference in price with these models but which extras are actually worth the money , understandably leather etc are always going to be a premium.

My mrs wants a Cooper S, and the options are quite confusing when I have been looking.

There are the different packs (chilli pack, pepper pack) and then individual options on top of them. I didnt look at the JCW ones so not sure what they offer above the regular S (210bhp rather than 175 IIRC though, but a smaller SC pulley will bring the S up to that power anyway supposedly)

Yeah looks like you are paying for the name a little !

I'm not wanting one with all the silly stripes or fogs on etc either , personally I like the less is more look on them

• 2 weeks later...

Mate has a 55 plater (So a supercharged one) You want a chilli pack as that puts the speedo infront of you rather than in the center (STUPID DESIGN)

Mate has a 55 plater (So a supercharged one) You want a chilli pack as that puts the speedo infront of you rather than in the center (STUPID DESIGN)

Classic Mini design ;) . You do get used to the central speedo. From memory, the Chili Pack was better on the S than the Cooper. The S launch models had the best spec as standard and came out in 2002 in metallic light blue or grey.

And that would leave you with so much more time not having to reply to pm's complaining about me, not that lucky I'm afraid it's a car for the wifey

A mates got a JCW and it sounds epic for a standard car. Another mate had a standard Cooper and it went round corners like it was on rails. I quite like them but as you've said Scotty, less is more with BMW Mini's.

• 4 weeks later...

My dad was fortunate enough to get his hands on a cooper works GP straight out of the factory and that was an absolute animal!, my mum had a cooper S checkmate they come standard with a large list of the good options so its worth looking for one of those too. the climate control on the mini's is well worth having and also the auto wipers are awesome and work really well.

Edited by Ell.s