New here, need help! Yellow 1.4 16v

megancollo

Hi, new to the site and new to the Volkswagen and Lupo scene!

I brought my lupo for a bargain price of £850! Althought she's got a bit of discolouration and a few knocks (and after having an entire new exhaust and brake system fitted) but she's a beaut and runs lovely.

I was wondering if anyone could advise me on some mods? I have a few ideas myself: white roof, white wheels (cav slabs, yellow bbs, polo bbs split, vintage star mag or RONAL TEDDYS!), smoothed boot, coilovers and I've already got colour coded bumpers thankfully.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and I could also do with a point in the right direction with the coilovers on top and reliable makes etc. :)

There is a large thread on coilovers in the tuning section, all depends on budget and use.

There are also a few second hand sets for sale in the marketplace.

Im sure there will be a few more people along in a bit,

Kind Regards

Angelo

PS Hello and welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to CL. Popular mods include, removal of bump strips, lowering, wheels (both of which you've mentioned), upholstering the interior, and then engine mods. Exhaust system and air filter are popular, and see the most gains.

Other than that, handling is important, no point in whizzing about whilst it feels as steady as the Titanic.

Also, a lot of people upgrade the brakes to the polo G60 setup.

Have a look in the "How To" section for a lot of other popular modifications.

Where you located? people are always happy to help out.

si