Riots in Peckham from today.

Tallika_Fan

Thought i'd share my sights from earlier today with the folks on the forum. Hopefully no body was caught up in this and the other carnage across the city.

I heard that Peckham was rumoured to be the next site of the rioting in london earlier today. I currently live near to Peckham so this had me worried.

Whilst i was walking back from work i witnessed about 6 or 7 riot vans heading toward Elephant and Castle to make their way toward Peckham, didn't have my camera out then though closer to my destination there was a lone van.

A lone dog van

6022447903_e3293efaca_z.jpg

DSC08020 by Tallika_Fan, on Flickr

Got changed quickly and swapped for the 70-300 so i could get a better view of any action then headed to where i thought things were happening. 10 minutes on the bike, it's all here.

Below are a few photos from the set, which is located here: Peckham Riot August 8th 2011

A crowd of people near to Peckham Library

6022454989_90bce63213_z.jpg

DSC08028 by Tallika_Fan, on Flickr

A wall of riot police stationed in Peckham

6022469693_84bc693891_z.jpg

DSC08036 by Tallika_Fan, on Flickr

A group of hooded youths.

6022470999_81b036df8e_z.jpg

DSC08037 by Tallika_Fan, on Flickr

Debris attempting to block the road

6023032070_2b9a0efd07_z.jpg

DSC08039 by Tallika_Fan, on Flickr

A stream of riot vans with a bus on fire in the background.

6022478221_738666f1c2_z.jpg

DSC08042 by Tallika_Fan, on Flickr

People attempting to turn around away from the bus

6022484901_4c7a593072_z.jpg

DSC08047 by Tallika_Fan, on Flickr

A closer image of the bus.

6022490465_5abbac6628_z.jpg

DSC08052 by Tallika_Fan, on Flickr

A hooded and masked youth ready for violence.

6022495825_04f0a08517_z.jpg

DSC08056 by Tallika_Fan, on Flickr

A lucky escape for the driver of the lorry, youths had his door open trying to get in before he managed close it and turn around.

6022982776_bfb3f8a933_z.jpg

DSC08062 by Tallika_Fan, on Flickr

On another road buses were trying to turn around.

6022430213_52ac11a253_z.jpg

DSC08069 by Tallika_Fan, on Flickr

A makeshift road blockage set to cause mayhem for innocent motorists.

6022993392_391c915c59_z.jpg

DSC08072 by Tallika_Fan, on Flickr

yeah i just liven north of tottenham and its all coming up my way to police every where. KFC got smashed up :reallymad: and my cousin lives in hackney and had to stay at work over night as his flat was out of access. Stupid people

On a side note, most insurance companies will not cover your car if it is burnt out in a riot, check the small print.

Just watching it on BBC News... Like 11 year olds rioting and looting, kicking in 'The Money Shop', and JD Sports... Abortion for most newly pregnant women please.

Meant to be riots in my area, Plymouth, due to Argyle vs ruddy Millwall tonight!

Edited by DarkStryder360

Just watching it on BBC News... Like 11 year olds rioting and looting, kicking in 'The Money Shop', and JD Sports... Abortion for most newly pregnant women please.

Meant to be riots in my area, Plymouth, due to Argyle vs ruddy Millwall tonight!

According to twitter etc millwall fans are all held up on their high street in a few pubs making sure no one can riot the main street !!

On a side note, most insurance companies will not cover your car if it is burnt out in a riot, check the small print.

I think they will pay you out, but then claim back the cost from the Govt or something. So people are saying on Pistonheads anyway

Iv been saying all day the EDL will be out in force soon although im sure there more undesirable members will already be busy trying to off load the 42" they took last night lol.

Its bloody daft they are just taking advantage and after a quick quid, i wouldnt mind as much if they even had a fukin agenda!

According to twitter etc millwall fans are all held up on their high street in a few pubs making sure no one can riot the main street !!

Yeh our high street isn't very spaced at all, and all the pubs/clubs are in one area.

As funny as some of the jokes about these riots seem at first, the reality is that this is really happening, in our supposedly civilised country, at this very moment... and this is a very sobering & scary fact.

They started rioting because someone got shot by the police, but now it's turned into a "woe is me, i've got nothing so I'm going to steal what I can and screw the rest of you" riot in which those who have nothing but are going out looting are winning no sympathy from the rest of the public by their actions and unfortunately, those innocent people who are honestly living off benefits and are not getting involved in the rioting will ultimately get tarred with the same brush simply because they claim benefits. Clever, eh?

I really feel for my friends & family with children - what kind of a society are they forced to bring those innocent lives into?

To the people involved in the riots, I quote the name of an anti-riot group on Facebook: "Smashing up your own city because you have the IQ of a ham sandwich".

Crazy, I know a lot of the Argos stores locally closed early tonight and stepped up security.

It's good to see the anti-rioter groups coming together and protecting the streets.. the police are encouraging this!!!

Also, if you look on Amazon.. the top selling items are baseball bats/police style batons :S