cam shaft adjustment set point not reached?????

hi just gettn all engine bulit back up and had it out last nyt... running abosoluty spot on... went to put car awy last night and engine check light came on... hense the engine still running smooth... got codes 17760 and 16394 coming up on computer when pluged in.. can any1 give me more detail on these faults please and how to solve problem thanks dan

oops srz mte didnt relise i ws doin it................................. who gis a **** how i write my problem... main concern is my car... but hopefully sorted now. thnks anywy dude

oops srz mte didnt relise i ws doin it................................. who gis a **** how i write my problem...

If you care to peruse the terms and conditions of this site, you will find it states 'Club Lupo discourages the use of text speak' so evidently plenty of people give a '****' about how you type.

It seems if you cant be bothered to type properly, people cant be bothered to help you out, evidenced by the lack of replies to your question.

If you care to peruse the terms and conditions of this site, you will find it states 'Club Lupo discourages the use of text speak' so evidently plenty of people give a '****' about how you type.

It seems if you cant be bothered to type properly, people cant be bothered to help you out, evidenced by the lack of replies to your question.

really dont think people would not answer a question because of a few words missed out... this hads got nothing to do with the topic... thought forums were for help, advise, and something every 1 has in common with... not to critise a few letter missed out...

really dont think people would not answer a question because of a few words missed out...

Are you sure about that? I wouldn't. I'm sure I'm not the only one either.

At work, any e-mail I receive without punctuation, without capital letters or full of TXTSPK goes straight to the bottom of my to-do list, often never to resurface. If they can't be bothered to ask properly I can't be bothered to help them.

Edited by kabman

1 7 76 relates to either a coil pack outlet problem, or ignition short circuit.

1 6 39 relates to the cam sensor

Try unpluging both sensors and check the pins. Sometimes its possible for the pin to go down the wrong part of the socket in the plug and create an intermittent short.

thanks for advice mate... also there is a tapping noise coming from top of my head on engine now.. it sounds lyk tappets but ive had them changed...

If it only taps when you first start it up, you'll probably find it's just the vtec mechanism starved of oil. Mine occassionally does it on cold mornings.

If it taps constantly it'll be a sticking lifter. Were they genuine parts you used? Cheap 'non ina' lifters in my redtop tapped like mad, even though they were all bran dnew. I then put genuine parts in and the tap disappeared!