Snap!

MrDerek

theyre good! and enough for beginners no problem. theres no need to jump straight to something pricey. its not worth it. depends what you want to shoot i guess. for taking to meets and shows to photo cars a 1000d will be fine :)

think i may have made a boo boo i dont know just won an auction for a 1000d for 200 quid but the lens seems to be the 18-55 dc lens as opposed to the is lens but then again ive gotten it about 80 quid cheaper than anywhere else ive seen, will i be ok with a non is lens?

Edited by jamiea7x

Yes, you'll be fine.

Rule of thumb use a shutter speed not larger than your zoom

ie 55mm to 1\55 or less. (or something like that)

I 've hand held my 18-200mm without IS OK, but obvioulsy the longe the zoom the faster shutter you need for a steady pic.

I really missed the in camera stabilisation when I moved away from the K10D, however it just makes you lazy. Good technique and you'll be fine. Like Silver said 1/focal length should be hand holdable up to about 300mm. Brace your elbows, press the shutter on an inbreath, etc.

Yes, exactly, though I personally would go for a branded stuff such as Hoya, Tiffen, Hamma etc 'cause at least you know the quality of the glass, but that is probably worth it for the lens hood and if the glass is pooh, you can always buy another filter for under £10.

I like the rubber hoods that you can just squash back when not required.

hi, this mite not be the write thread but i couldnt find anything else, but....

i took a few pics of my loop wiht my dads camera, and the dimensions are 3872 x 2592. how can i make them smaller so i can use it as my Display picture ??

(also, bit off topic, but is there a way to download photoshop for free? or is it already free?)

There are places that you can download cracked versions of photoshop.

Although id recommend an easier way being to use the editor on photobucket, resize your image and save it again if need be.

• 4 weeks later...