New 1.4TDi Owner :D Clutch return issues - sticking :(

edbutler

Hi All, firstly id like to introduce myself as a long time lurker of this forum! Im a very proud owner of a 1.4TDi Lupo as a daily driver (other car a Z4) and of the 100 miles i've done so far, absolutely adore it!

I got the car rather cheap and it does have a slight problem which i dont mind getting my hands dirty with. I'm usually not bad mechanically but was wanting some input for this as it could be many things...

Basically when depressing the clutch, the first 1/3 of travel is VERY light, almost as if there is no return spring. This lightness however exhibits itself as a problem when releasing the pedal; sometimes the pedal doesn't quite return to its normal height and feels as if its sticking 1.5" from the top (fully engaged however). There is a squeaking noise eminating from the gearbox housing, but am unsure if this is the root cause. If anything the biting point is pretty low, but barely lower than my Z4.

I've read many threads about the pedal box, but these symptoms seem a little different? Can anyone provide input as a search hasnt shown many results... :(

Possible guesses from me: Snapped clutch return spring (if it even has one!), Needs a fluid bleed, Master cylinder faulty, Slave cylinder faulty, release bearing dead... Oh dear thats a lot of possibilities!! Please help!

Ed

Guest thirzaaliskox

herbal_phentermine.jpg

Herbal Phentermine is a non-prescription appetite suppressant that is 100% natural and safe. Scientifically designed to create the similar effects of the popular prescription phentermine version, Herbal Phentermine 37.5 mg works to increase your metabolism, suppress your appetite, burn calories and increase energy