Thom's Black Lupo - GONE :( now 6n2 TDi

Thooooom

Big update of little things...

Thanks to Joti i finally de-tango'd my cambridge lights!

534192_10150899622318549_9771595_n.jpg

before and after shot (though theyre actually after/before :doh: ) haha

also carbon wrapped my B pillars after seeing AdamR4's and Joe Adamou's at Dub mania :)

283620_10150899624278549_539982574_n.jpg

also got a super scene super cool screen side sticker. ;)

481390_10150899619898549_1991871457_n.jpg

i also finally got the rear lower.

598693_10150899616203549_924756716_n.jpg

its actually a little lower than this now and often catches the tyre with just two people in the car.

on another note.. ive decided i dont like my centre caps, theyre far too bright and shiny for my liking, the problem is theres not much else choice out there that isnt stupidly expensive. anyone got any ideas ?

trying to make my thread a bit more pic heavy, can you tell ;)?

Big update of little things...

Thanks to Joti i finally de-tango'd my cambridge lights!

trying to make my thread a bit more pic heavy, can you tell ;)?

No worries! Looks good huh?

I like your centre caps.......... :surprised:

Pic heavy is the way forward.......... :thumbsup:

Edited by Joti

Looks really nice! loving the wheels. hopefully picking up my black lupo 1.4s within the next 2 weeks so I should be able to start posting on here. also like what you done with the boot, looks neat. keep it up!

No worries! Looks good huh?

I like your centre caps.......... :surprised:

Pic heavy is the way forward.......... :thumbsup:

yeah it looks so much better, was a pain of a job to do though, the orange plastic smelt horrible. haha.

centre caps are a bit too much i think, and maybe a bit tacky?

Rears sitting nice, mine catches on fast roads but that's about it really..

mine catches quite alot but only on the passenger side with 2 people, and ive checked the tyre, its not even touching it really. the sound makes it seem worse than it is.

Looking good mate, false floor looks very neat!

sitting well too!

thanks man! proud to say its finally sitting nicely after a year of owning it. :)

Looks really nice! loving the wheels. hopefully picking up my black lupo 1.4s within the next 2 weeks so I should be able to start posting on here. also like what you done with the boot, looks neat. keep it up!

black 1.4S is the way forward ;)! cheers for the good words, means alot :)

Love how its sat right now! looks awesome :) Those carbon pillars are a good idea too

cheers man, its taken a while but im finally happy with it!

yeah it looks so much better, was a pain of a job to do though, the orange plastic smelt horrible. haha.

centre caps are a bit too much i think, and maybe a bit tacky?

Nothing tacky about the VW logo buddy! What else did you have in mind then, or just keep them flat red like the rest of the wheel?

nice litle project you have going on here :) really love the cambridge lights.... were did u get yours from and how much if you dont mind me asking lol

You can get the lights from Dale (Lupoboz) in the traders section for about £90. :)

Edited by Joti

nice litle project you have going on here :) really love the cambridge lights.... were did u get yours from and how much if you dont mind me asking lol

i got mine from a guy who was breaking a lupo SE (they came standard on SE models) and managed to get a bargain, but you can buy them new through Lupoboz on here :) or alternatively i think Awesome GTI do them too but theyre more than through Lupoboz.

Nothing tacky about the VW logo buddy! What else did you have in mind then, or just keep them flat red like the rest of the wheel?

i had them plain before when i first put them on and it didnt look right, ideally i'd just like something not VW, but whenever i see Ronal centres theyre ridiculously priced.

• 3 weeks later...

I smoothed my rear lights recently, something I've always wanted to do but didn't think I'd manage, but it's came out really good :) hard to get a photo of really though.

Here's a photo I got this morning of some fresh beading from my new wax!

396881_10150946750933549_396059261_n.jpg

• Like 1

Did you use a guide? or got any tips? i wanna do mine :)

+1 :)

What does "smoothing your lights" involve??? :paperbag:

Nope, no guides or anything, I literally just went at it with sand paper, started at 1200 grit and went up to 1500 after, then wet sanded them, and polished them up, before wet sanding I thought I'd completely ruined them, but theve come out really nice now, make a huge difference, no more polish or wax getting stuck in them, and they look a lot smoother and cleaner now.

I smoothed my rear lights recently, something I've always wanted to do but didn't think I'd manage, but it's came out really good :) hard to get a photo of really though.

Here's a photo I got this morning of some fresh beading from my new wax!

396881_10150946750933549_396059261_n.jpg

i love beading shots :wub:

i love beading shots :wub:

me too! took a few more this morning if youre interested..

283651_10150953150258549_950161236_n.jpg

539814_10150953150633549_71778118_n.jpg

599529_10150953149748549_1684902096_n.jpg

255335_10150953151433549_157944427_n.jpg

good job, i was thinking about taking my back seats out and build a force floor, was it an easy job or a pain in the ass?

my back seats are still in actually, the bases arent because theyre easily removable but the backs are just folded down under the wood, makes a good level bass for the floor to sit on. It was pretty easy, just cut a sheet of wood. its slightly narrower at one end to fit around the big side pockets but was still pretty straight forward, then just bought some material off ebay which happens to be a perfect match to the original boor carpet. the sub false floor was a bit harder because of the shape, but still its easier than it looks, just take your time and remember you can always cut more off, but not stick it back on.

• Like 1

me too! took a few more this morning if youre interested..

283651_10150953150258549_950161236_n.jpg

539814_10150953150633549_71778118_n.jpg

599529_10150953149748549_1684902096_n.jpg

255335_10150953151433549_157944427_n.jpg

my back seats are still in actually, the bases arent because theyre easily removable but the backs are just folded down under the wood, makes a good level bass for the floor to sit on. It was pretty easy, just cut a sheet of wood. its slightly narrower at one end to fit around the big side pockets but was still pretty straight forward, then just bought some material off ebay which happens to be a perfect match to the original boor carpet. the sub false floor was a bit harder because of the shape, but still its easier than it looks, just take your time and remember you can always cut more off, but not stick it back on.

cheers think ill give it ago

Finally read through your thread mate, love your car we should meet up soon !! quick question, hows the ride on the bromsgrove highway with them coilovers ? especially at speed lol, i only ask because they are the ones i will be getting and i drive that road every day for work and it isnt the best surface at the bromsgrove end especially coming back towards the ditch ! just won some BBS RAs on ebay so be getting them on the weekend :D they probably need a refurb but i'll do that when i get time/money to pay someone else to do it haha... lows be coming end of this month or after my birthday next month ;) cant wait !

Finally read through your thread mate, love your car we should meet up soon !! quick question, hows the ride on the bromsgrove highway with them coilovers ? especially at speed lol, i only ask because they are the ones i will be getting and i drive that road every day for work and it isnt the best surface at the bromsgrove end especially coming back towards the ditch ! just won some BBS RAs on ebay so be getting them on the weekend :D they probably need a refurb but i'll do that when i get time/money to pay someone else to do it haha... lows be coming end of this month or after my birthday next month ;) cant wait !

I go up and down that highway nearly everyday too in my arosa, ive lowered it on joms almost all the way and its fine not the worst road, just be extremely careful on speedbumps. ive seen you drive around a few times and tried to catch up to you but you always speed away :L