sick of idiots on this forum?

Piers

Off putting or the norm ???

Im sure personal insults are not part of the T&C's and then notify you of stones and glass houses

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Off putting or the norm ???

Im sure personal insults are not part of the T&C's and then notify you of stones and glass houses

just by replying you are making youself look ridiculous mate. i have not at all mentioned "changing the world"... i think you need to jump off your high horse. this thread was to highlight these issues and you have timed it well by showing a good example of what im relating too.

its totaly uncalled for... no reason or motive behind it... you have no reward/benefit from it... other than to sit in your room satisfied with yourself. you arent impressing anyone. again... perfect example of a "keyboard warrior"

To be honest, I don't mean to be confrontational, but am sometimes perceived as such, but that's what text instead of speech does for you. If you, or anyone else thinks I'm a prick then you're free to have your opinion, but I think overall any issues I've had with other members have either been resolved or if not then I think I have been justified in my actions for the benefit of other members on here. And if you don't think I'm a prick then.......very well.

At the end of the day, yes, it's an owners site, but it's been about for years, so pretty much any issue that has occurred to a lupo/arosa is already covered, it's just a matter of searching for the topic and the info you need is there. Sure, the majority don't mind a fresh enquiry when it is posted so everyone can understand it and it's an actual technical question, not a point of view question such as 'what wheels shall I put on my car' or 'what colour should I paint my wiper arms'

As for people who correct grammar or have different words for bits and bobs, that's their deal really, as long as it's not terrible or misleading then I think the majority of people let it slide, but it does make things a whole lot easier knowing exactly what people are after and then, if possible, to answer it, or point the member in the right direction.

No need to get all self harm over it though buddy, it's just a website, people have a choice whether or not to respond if another member decides to make a comment like an ass. It takes two, some are more guilty of it than others(cough cough). Who cares if someone just down the road or the other side of the country doesn't like your car, it's not the end of the world, and if they're taking time out of their to tell you how little they think of you're car I think it says more about them than about your car!

If by the time I post this anyone else has covered these points then sorry, but I'm watching beaver falls at the mo and it's more entertaining.

Do you feel satisfied that you are sitting in your room trying to break the status quo of the forum?

Edited by scotty_82

To be honest, I don't mean to be confrontational, but am sometimes perceived as such, but that's what text instead of speech does for you. If you, or anyone else thinks I'm a prick then you're free to have your opinion, but I think overall any issues I've had with other members have either been resolved or if not then I think I have been justified in my actions for the benefit of other members on here. And if you don't think I'm a prick then.......very well.

At the end of the day, yes, it's an owners site, but it's been about for years, so pretty much any issue that has occurred to a lupo/arosa is already covered, it's just a matter of searching for the topic and the info you need is there. Sure, the majority don't mind a fresh enquiry when it is posted so everyone can understand it and it's an actual technical question, not a point of view question such as 'what wheels shall I put on my car' or 'what colour should I paint my wiper arms'

As for people who correct grammar or have different words for bits and bobs, that's their deal really, as long as it's not terrible or misleading then I think the majority of people let it slide, but it does make things a whole lot easier knowing exactly what people are after and then, if possible, to answer it, or point the member in the right direction.

No need to get all self harm over it though buddy, it's just a website, people have a choice whether or not to respond if another member decides to make a comment like an ass. It takes two, some are more guilty of it than others(cough cough). Who cares if someone just down the road or the other side of the country doesn't like your car, it's not the end of the world, and if they're taking time out of their to tell you how little they think of you're car I think it says more about them than about your car!

If by the time I post this anyone else has covered these points then sorry, but I'm watching beaver falls at the mo and it's more entertaining.

completely agree with you mate. dont wory im not self harming... the problem i have is that i have come across the "worst" of it all... dont get me wrong i love banter but you can tell the difference... :)

Do you feel satisfied that you are sitting in your room trying to break the status quo of the forum?

massive yawn...!

rich id just break your neck... this forum really pisses me off! big time! V3 lupo is right... i posted on his thread about this kind of ****. i had the same issue a while ago. people like you need to get a life and stop acting tough behind your monitor.

dougie clearly answered a question and you come out with **** like that... your a bellend mate!

Enough said.

massive yawn...!

You are wanting sensible discussion and help yet you cant even have a simple debate?

Maybe it isnt the forum at fault here but yourself?

You are wanting sensible discussion and help yet you cant even have a simple debate?

Maybe it isnt the forum at fault here but yourself?

this isnt for a debate. this was to voice my opinion and to see if anyone else had the same issues which they clearly have... your looking for an argument but your looking in the wrong place.

Enough said.

yeah too right... totaly out of character for me to put that but when a friend tells me that they have had a load of abuse on here and i have had it in the past i think its about time someone said something...

Nope not looking for an argument at all.

Personally i think you have a major attitude problem and some big issues with double standards.

Well if this isnt a debate and you have now had your say why not just log off the forum and come back another day and see if its changed ?

Nope not looking for an argument at all.

Personally i think you have a major attitude problem and some big issues with double standards.

Well if this isnt a debate and you have now had your say why not just log off the forum and come back another day and see if its changed ?

i havnt got an attitude problem at all mate trust me... im extremely laid back... no double standards...

ditto? youve had your say... i dont agree with you... you clearly dont agree with me...?

I've never noticed that before! If you're the last person to post and then post again it puts it in the same post box!

I've never noticed that before! If you're the last person to post and then post again it puts it in the same post box!

i noticed that too!

Do you often try to rectify problems with people taking the piss by calling them idiots and threatening to break their necks ?

I know, I just wanted to make sure you knew that! I know it will bug you right up until your hareem turns up next week!

Only for a limited time.

:)

Do you often try to rectify problems with people taking the piss by calling them idiots and threatening to break their necks ?

scott... are you not bored? i am...

have you ever had a moment when your really pissed about something? you say what you think... why do you think i put this thread in the first place? because that incident put the cherry on top. i go to a lot of VAG meets and use other forums. i have got nothing nice to say about clublupo to anyone! anyone who knows me always asks if i use this forum and the response is always "no i hate it. its full of idiots" now for those of you out there that are genuine i thank you for your help over the last 2 years of owning my car. its a shame that these genuine people dont sit on here all day like you scott wearing out the refresh button getting excited about what you can put next. when i say "full" im being unfair to the decent ones so please dont think i mean you. the ones that are idiots ruin it for the rest and this thread is aimed at you... if you were that much of an enthusiast towards your car you would be looking to help people and look for help yourself... not browsing for something to slag off. barrboys would suit you more.

its a shame for the people that set this forum up too because im sure they had all intentions of making a forum for genuine people... not a site that is disliked by LOADS of people!

it isnt just me that dislikes this forum, shame its the best place for tips on lupo's really...

I know, I just wanted to make sure you knew that! I know it will bug you right up until your hareem turns up next week!

:)

Yawn...

If you don't like the place no one is forcing you to read or post anything.

so when i need help with something on my car what shall i do as this is the best place to look...? im genuinly obsessed with my car and other lupo's... there is nothing wrong with that. its a shame everyone on here doesnt have the same idea's when it comes to a "community" esentially clublupo is a community for lupo/arosa owners...

its a real shame that the negativity ruins it.

i dont think im being unfair to anyone by putting this thread. its not to try and look clever or better than you... its simply to voice how i feel and im sure others are itching to comment but dont want to be "pushed aside" as an outcast if they agree that there are some idiots on here that should keep out of threads they arent interested in....

sometimes i feel that they have eachothers numbers and ring/text to tell them about something they have done. before yyou know it they are all on the band waggon getting involved.. internet bullies really?

Piers, I suggest adding Scotty to your block list if you find his posts offensive.

This is a solution that's been offered to you before by Silver and you don't seem to have taken it.

If you both keep bickering I'll be considering posting bans.