Garage quote to fit coilovers!

JohnLocke

I got a set of ta technix coilovers a week or two ago now, and have been itching to get them on the Arosa, and none of my able mates wanna touch it cos they are Dbags. So I call up the garage I always use, and asked for a quote on fitting them.......He said oh yea I will get you a good price on that, £240!!! :blink: I thought that was horrendously expensive, considering I only paid 165 for them in the first place. Has anyone else had theirs professionally fitted, and what did it cost y'all?

You dont need any special tools, buy new top mounts and as long as you've got a few good spanners and an allen key, your good to go!

all you need is a 16mm, 17mm and 19mm socket a 16mm spanner, cant remember the size of the rear damper top mount bolts but I know there's one really small one and then I think the bigger one is a 16 or 17

then new top mounts so you dont have to take the original units apart i.e. eliminating the need for compressors, its that easy

I'v seen the how to guides, read it about ten times its a great guide! Ideally I need a spring compressor as I dont want to end up with a heavy metal face peircing, I was thinking of getting new top mounts but my funds are low. I have none of those tools so its not a case of just reading the coilover guide and using my spanners, I dont have any!

New top mounts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-AROSA-PAIR-FRONT-STRUT-TOP-MOUNT-BUSH-BEARING-/180397534707?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a0087edf3

Nice and cheap and having used them before they are perfect.

Spanners can be blagged from someone im sure same with the other tools. Shouldnt cost more than £30 for new top mounts and the tools.

Edited by madmanncfc

Guest A20NWK

I paid £30 to a mate of mine who is a mechanic. He brought round another mechanic he works with to help him out and they did it in just under 1.5 hours, which included dismantling the old units so I could use the top mounts. As luck would have it the other mechanic had a diagnostic reader on him and cleared my airbag light for a tenner. All in all it was quite a productive day :)