Examples of 40-60mm drop?

James827

hey, after bobbing about on standard springs for along time im thinking about lowering springs.

has anyone got any examples of cars lowered from 40/45mm and 60mm?

it will be on standard steels for a while

Cheers

:)

• 2 years later...

found this link on google, ive also got the fresco green loop (y) after seeing this i am now going to drop it 40mm.... looks great

wondering how the ride feels? and has it changed over time? cheers

Edited by Pitch1995

depends, had some people tell me they have had 60 on standards and had no probs.... if they dont take it then il buy some.

ps i ordered my springs last night 60 front/40 back, pics once fitted

Edited by Pitch1995

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys. A bit of newb to this lowering malarky.

What is the difference between lowered springs and standard shocks Vs an AP or KW lowering kit, other than the fact the latter are adjustable ?

Apart from the obvious which you already mentioned; the shocks will have sorter internals, which means less chance off bottoming them out and blowing the seal or bending the rod.

If you pay premium for KWs you will feel the difference in performance: unless you go for a Sports matched spring\shock setup from a respected manu.

hey man car looks great lowered im considering dropping mine 40mm on springs and was just wondering have you had any problems with speed bumps ?

hiya mate, with normal speed bumps they where abit stiff to start with so would recommend going a tad slower just to be safe... but its been about 2 - 3 months now and that issue has gone.

But my college has those really **** speed bumps that are made out of like rubber, they are a lovely person because of the bounce after (( the springs compress real easy )) so again, just go slow for them and youll be sound.

Would deffo recommend the springs i got because they are 55mm at the front which makes all the difference. (y)

hiya mate, with normal speed bumps they where abit stiff to start with so would recommend going a tad slower just to be safe... but its been about 2 - 3 months now and that issue has gone.

But my college has those really **** speed bumps that are made out of like rubber, they are a lovely person because of the bounce after (( the springs compress real easy )) so again, just go slow for them and youll be sound.

Would deffo recommend the springs i got because they are 55mm at the front which makes all the difference. (y)

yeah my college has those ones too and they are brutal ! thanks for the info im going to get them next week i hope

Hi, this is my Gti after I fitted some coil overs. This is abit too low - lots of rubbing.
I've been looking for details of how the cup cars are set up, suspension wise.
Does anyone know how low they go?

10901627333_db9e4eb511_o.jpg
image by AnynameGTI, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/108964895@N06/10901627333/lightbox/

alright, i cant currently afford coilovers so instead of riding around looking like a muppet i opted for some cheap 40mm lowering springs. the ride is slightly harsher than before but not unbareable! and here is a little before and after, hope it helps mate :)

svho4h.jpg29zvl0k.jpg