Rear Spoiler

lupogtiboy

ha s anyone else had to have their rear boot spoiler replaced? or even the high level brake light? i'm soon to be on my third brake light coz it keeps filling up with water!!! took it tio work ( a vw dealer), they went to change it by taking the spoiler off, and found the seal around the edge of the spoiler has broken!! so its been leaking water sraight into the brake light! so i'm having a new spoiler fitted, thankfully, this is being done under warranty, or it would cost around £400 to get sorted! although i supoose you could `re-seal` the one on there, but they wouldn't do that under warranty!! hopefully having it fitted today!! yayayayaya!!!

weel, it wasn't without trouble, so here goes!!!!

new one delivered back from our bodyshop, ****ty paint job, too light, full of pits and dirty marks, so i refused to have it fitted. New brake light was put into old spoiler, `re-sealed` and mounted, all screwed down, tried the brake lights, nothing!! changed the fuse, tried them again, heard the fuse pop straight away!!!, so had to remove spoiler (not easy coz the sealant was really sticky and strong!), to find that a screw had gone thru the cable that connects to the brake light!!! So rerouted the cable, and put in on again, got alittle bit of sealant sqidged out from the edge, but goona trim it when the weather is better!! certainly seems to be working, as i've looked this morning, and it has no water!!!

moral of the story is, don't let driftbridge bodyshop paint anything as they are crap!!!!

Ok so let me get something straight, as my car is out of warranty if my breaklight (in the spoiler) fails it's gonna cost me in the region of £400? sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

thats only if you have a new spoiler painted and fitted in a vw workshop! if you have the old one `re-sealed`, it won't cost as much!!! brake lights are around £40. it took around an hour to an hour and a half to do.