bird poo eating paint on new paint!

marcusgrant

since owing my lupo i have had bits of it sprayed and when a bird poos on the painted bits it eats through the lacquer unless its wiped of straight away! :angry:

for example there was a tiny bit of bird poo on my bonnet yday and i didnt wipe it off as i was on a sunday session, wiped it off today after it had been in the sun all day and its gone through the bloody lacquer already!

all of the orignal paint(or atleast the bits i havent had painted) is fine, could leave bird poo on it for weeks!

just wondering if this is normal for fresh-ish paint? if it is, spraying cars is such a ball ache, embrace the dents and scrapes

Ive never had any issues, even when returning from holiday to find cars covered in it.

Seen the damage it can do though. I think it depends on what the bird has been eating

• 2 weeks later...

i have so many coats of wax on the s2000 i never had a problem.... paint protection is a good idea....

Fresh paint is not fully hardend for a good couple of months, which is why the **** eats into it so bad, doesn't matter how many coats of wax you put on it will still happen. It's finr on old paint as its fully hardend though will eventually mark it if left, my advice to you is carry a cloth and quick detail in your car to get it off as quick as you can, luckily enough if the marks not to bad when the paint heats up and reflows slightly it should go : )

Tip for getting it off without scratching paint, put a couple of sheets of kitchen towel over offending mess and soke it with water, leave 15 minutes go out and wet kitchen roll has softened it back up to allow you to remove, also use good quality wax and get some layers on to protect it, the paint that is not the shot