How fast is a 20VT?

Cooper_GTI

theres alloy of money/work which ever way you go aim afraid 20v or turbo / supercharger convertion internals management coolant etc

matt

Not really Matt, how about............you lend me your lupo and you borrow mine, then you put mine through the same work you've had on yours, then once it's done we shake hands, or high 5, whichever you prefer, and then swap cars again, job done!!

Iv got a 20v in mine and spent far to much money on it lol it's never ending my car is off the road more than it's on The road he he forever in my garage underneath/over it. I love it!

The joys of modified cars...... I'm sure itll find it's happy time with enough money thrown at it.

Conversions wernt meant to be cheap or else everybody would be at it lol iv put that much cash at mine that I can't

afford to stop ;-) I'm sure the vision I have in my head will happen at some point regardless of money spent lol

The money iv spent on it I could of bought a silly BHP car lol. But then it woudnt be a Lupo so all worth it ha ha it's just not what anybody expects from a loop. Golfs, polos yeah not a shoe box on wheels lol

Edited by V3 1UPO

Not really Matt, how about............you lend me your lupo and you borrow mine, then you put mine through the same work you've had on yours, then once it's done we shake hands, or high 5, whichever you prefer, and then swap cars again, job done!!

get practicing =p

and yes onvertions are money pits but its worth it in my eyes for me =]

matt

Edited by vpolo

Your comment says exactly what im on about. Mines tucked away at the moment pending a 225 bam conversion! All new ko4 conversion kit, new bits and pieces should be looking at as close to 300bhp as I'm gonna get outta of a stock block. Few other pieces to make the car do the best... got a few things up my sleeve lol

( you would have to put another 5-10 grand to

Make me want it )

Do you remember me now ?!

To be honest I think any car you put your mark on is a project car. Just because you don't do all the complex stuff yourself doesn't mean that it's not your project. Not everyone is as sharp as you are with the tech side of stuff John or has the confidence and circumstances like you do Scotty, so to save themselves ruining their car and the hassle in the long run they get someone who knows what they are doing to do it. But it's them who is asking for stuff to be done, not just handing over the cash and saying 'do what you think is best for it.'.

If I want my car spraying a different colour then I wouldn't think twice about getting someone else to do it! Doesn't take anything away from the car being my 'project'. IMO.

your going to regret it !!!

Agree. 20V's are very tunable but factor in at least 200 quid for a remap to get you to about 185-190 bhp, then universal intercooler + dump valve + exhaust + induction kit all usually end up following soon after. My old lupo (now loopete's) would kill my ibiza in standard form over anything but a straight bit of road, and then it wouldnt pull past by much. Chuck K03s into the mix though and we have a very different story :shades:

Agree. 20V's are very tunable but factor in at least 200 quid for a remap to get you to about 185-190 bhp, then universal intercooler + dump valve + exhaust + induction kit all usually end up following soon after. My old lupo (now loopete's) would kill my ibiza in standard form over anything but a straight bit of road, and then it wouldnt pull past by much. Chuck K03s into the mix though and we have a very different story :shades:

Really? I must be getting disillusioned with the speed and handling of the lupo, it really doesn't feel that quick. And has always tended to understeer quite a bit unless I drop right off the throttle and the tail then kicks out abit. Granted, I don't rag it about a lot, but it doesn't exactly pick up instantly when I do wanna get a shuffle on!

Used to go out with the boys- IHI'd ibiza cupra at 330bhp, 150bhp Polo G40 and 240bhp K03s'd A3. On the long straights obviously they would pull away, but then through the twisty stuff i could keep up. They would be on the brakes, i could just ease off and chuck it in. Didnt think it understeered much at all!

I got to the stage though where i needed to do the turbo thing, enjoyed that now and fancying something with a bit more refinement - got my eye on a 135i coupe or 123d coupe :wub:

Pete it's the term more than anything, every kid on every site seem to have something they call a project and I doubt two people could give the same definition of what it means. That's why I resent it.

I do not have a project, I have a car I like to work on, a car that doesn't consist of my everyday car with a set of coilovers on, some jaunty angled stickers on and some no imagination ats cups on. Nor does my car I work on have cheque books thrown at it to get things done, I try to buy sensibly and often cheaply second hand. It has no time scale, it doesn't even have a totally specific route of development just a rough direction somewhere in my head that I would like it to end up close to.

To sum up , it isn't a project it's just a car in my garage that's had it's wheels off more times than it has had them on.

i think this thread has gone way off topic tbf and a lupo 20v is quick but i would say make sure its able to put the power down!!!

matt