When did ebay turn into an absolute rip off?

heartagram

Its always been expensive to sell stuff but since when did they start taking nearly 25% of the final value fee. Part of it through paypal and part of it through ebay itself. I would have been better off selling it outside of ebay for a little less! I'm sure it never used to be that expensive.

You forgot to add into that the time you have to spend replying to complete idiots questions.

I just sold a ride on mower for £1671 on eBay and they only charged £41 including the original advert cost and all fees. I thought it was reasonable as we had over 100 views a day and 89 people watching the item by the end of the auction. But i couldnt help but think that they must make an absolute fortune!

I think their is a small set fee per price bracket with a percentage of final price added on. I dont need to worry about paypal fees as i selected cash on collection.

Edited by BEP51

Recently sold an old downhill frame for about £225 and they took nearly £30 off me. Vowed neevr to sell anything on e-bay again from that point. I think they're aiming themseleves more at tradres who sell small value stuff nowadays too

True that though. Last time I went on there, I saw people enquiring about meeting up for Dogging sessions.

I know, it's pretty scummy.

At least with a key party you won't find yourself stirring another blokes porridge.

Ive got my fiesta on the bay AT A COST OF £8

I think its good to initially list it as you get alot of views, but then when it comes to buying, ask sellers to buy cash on collection

and kind of put it through ebay as if it has sold so its on the listing fee you pay.

10% is a right rip!

Imagine how much money eBay earns every day if they charge 10% on every item...wtf!

I paid £36 for a phone that I sold for £165. That and paypal have held the payment until I ship the item to the guy which is nice of them. Been held since the 11th and I still haven't got it yet. Costs fortunes and you don't get your money.

**** selling on ebay again.

• 2 weeks later...

10% is a right rip!

Imagine how much money eBay earns every day if they charge 10% on every item...wtf!

They do charge 10% across the board now, upto a capped maximum.

Plus a listing fee, plus paypal fee's.

• 4 weeks later...

What winds me up the most about eBay/Paypal is the following:

* They are happy to let people sell counterfeit goods and will do nothing to stop people selling non-genuine goods

* They do nothing to protect the genuine sellers! You can pretty much get a refund through paypal for anything! More and more people are signing for delivery of goods and still somehow claiming their money back!