Persuade me to NOT buy a lupo

.Phase

There's something about Lupo's that I love for town cars :(

I need you make me not buy one (Y)

What goes wrong?

I can remember the window motors, starter motors, rear washer disconnects, gearboxes on most are dog, clutch cable stretches on nonhydraullic models (TDI+GTI)

I am thinking of getting a TDi because of the running costs, I need something cheap for a while

so £30 road tax and 65+mpg make sense

They're small and old ladyish (at best girlie) and you will find your Lupo trying to take you to the bingo and knitting club; though to be fair it'smore exciting 'there' than it is here. (Allegedly)

You have nowhere to store your gloves.

:coffee:

You will become infuriated after years of idiots calling it a 'Polo', eventually you will descend into madness. Also, as Silver said, you will also be called, a 'gay' for owning one. That's the only two things I know of that are bad..

You will become infuriated after years of idiots calling it a 'Polo', eventually you will descend into madness. Also, as Silver said, you will also be called, a 'gay' for owning one. That's the only two things I know of that are bad..

:lol: I always get this

people pull up alongside you in their vauxhall astras & vectras with lexus lights and more kenwood stickers than kenwood themselves have asking when their nan can have her car back

Are these the guys with the blue lights on the windscreen washer jets?

Mine is Fantasia green not been called gay yet (I think they are cool in cornwall lol not much of a selling point)

Bad points - The seats don't hug you when flying into some nice bends lumbar support seems to be for a fat woman. unless you get coilovers and such the car is really "bobbly" has a really high center of gravity. MY ELECTRIC WINDOWS ARE BROKE :( Road noise is horendous!! the car is teeny tiny. Standard audio leaves a lot to be desired.

So when are you getting your new car :D

for what lupo are i think they're great!...although i fancy a change now.

I've had nearly 2 years of absolute trouble free driving (touch wood!), bought the car on about 76k now on 96k - and thats with a sport! if i had of left it standard and sold it today i would loose hardly anything!

There are cheaper alternatives though if you just want something to go around town in, for example we bought a 1.0l 1997 polo with loads of history on 55k or something for 500 quid.

I'll probably end up buying one xD

They handle better than a Citroen C1 which is the only other alternative I have thought of

and I can mod it really cheaply ^_^

tinted front lights, manditory peado bear sticker

that's what I thought............

You will start to question your own sexuality.

ECU is the equivelent of a sponge.

Pedalboxes made of chocolate.

Gearboxes can be tempremental.

Get used to looking at an engine light and cleaning throttle bodys.

will have to your back seats out to get a weekly shop in the back.

Gay guys calling your car cute.

Dislocating your fingers changing a head light bulb.

Non self canceling indicators.

looking camp as **** in traffic.

On a serious note, there awsome little cars :).

Pretty much all of those don't apply to the TDi

hydruallic clutch (Y)

Does anyone have any suggestions of other cars?

Budget 3k

really want £30/yr tax

50+ mpg

Only other thing I found is Clio, but there gearboxes are awful, or the 1.6 I test drove once was, hopefully just an abused one