`G-tech` performance - bhp measurer

dj_slipp

I've got one of these ... it's reasonably accurate for the price you pay.

You need to use it on a dead flat bit of road though, any inclines will affect the accuracy of the reading.

I haven't used it too much but managed a 8.14 to 60 on the times i have tried it. Fairly accurate. Never really tried a 1/4 miles or `60-0` reading.

Myself and some others picked them up from here:

http://saxforte.com/data/gtechpro/gtech_ho...gtech_home.html

$42.60 by Airmail ... works out at about £24 at current exchange rates. Much cheaper then the Ebay link.

I have the Apexi RSM, and it does seem remarkably accurate if calibrated correctly - my `quarter-mile` times at Santa Pod were all within 0.1 second of those printed out.

It does require marginally more wiring in though (splicing into the speed wire behind the radio), and also costs very significantly more.

QUOTE(DanGTI)
for £40 this looks a nice toy. its on my want list.

edit: just thinking, whats involved in connecting these up? is it a really tricky job?

If you look at my link posted above you'll be able to get one for £24.

All you have to do is plug it into your ciggy lighter to power it ... and thats it. It comes with a suction cup to stick it on the windscreen. You make sure its level'ish, find a flat road, then press a button, the device flashes GO" and then you just boot it.

As snoopy says it works with an accelerometer.