Front speakers - best brand?

Hey!

I bought some Pioneer TS-E1695's for £45 from pioneercaraudio they are pretty good :) sound quality is really good on my Deh-p6000ub

depends on your budget really, i just bought some FLI comp6's because a friend had some a while ago, and im dead pleased!

definitely go for components though, they're worth the effort of fitting them in your tweeter mounts in the dash !

it took me a while, i ran the crossovers from the loom in the door, which meant i had to run a wire back into the car, then up behind the dash and into the tweeter mount, took some time, and some old bendy coat hangers, but now it sounds amazing, so i'd say it was worth it !

I like Rainbow. Mine are hooked up to an old Audison SRX2S Amp and sound quite nice although the power handling is not great. I think I will probaly get some Hertz in the future something that can take a bit more power. Mine do sound great though. I hid the cross-overs behind the centre console. The tweeters made me want to pull my hair out. You get there in the end though.

Anything Focal, dls, rainbow, jl, jbl are all good. Avoid vibe, fli or edge please!!!!

Tbh I cant see how fitting the tweeters is a hard job??? done a few loops now and all u do is take the old tweeter out and bond the new one to the existing plate. Or juct fiberglass up some pods hehe

I run rainbow platingums and I carnt fault them and I know onelifeliveit runs genesis absoloutes both of them would be great if money was no object £1000 plus but my vote goes for any middle of the road rainbows or focal kp'2 installed properly they will knock your socks off don't listen to the my mate runs flu this vibe that if you could hear a proper front end setup your eyes will be opened to a world you didn't know existed

Can't you just cut the wires from the existing tweeters, crimp them and attach them to the new ones?

no, because the original VW tweeters have a line running straight from your head unit to the tweeter, then there is a filter/resistor that cuts all the lows and mid frequencys so it only plays the high stuff. With after market components, you get a crossover that divides the mids and highs, and send them to either your woofer or your tweeter.

hi

i work at source sound in sheffeld we speshalise in audio and it bepends on your price range rely coz herz do some under £200 that sound rely nice but theres also some at £1000 each but jl would be a good chose thay have speckers at all price ranges. but to get the best sound u should us a amp it gives u better volume and less distortion

hi

i work at source sound in sheffeld we speshalise in audio and it bepends on your price range rely coz herz do some under £200 that sound rely nice but theres also some at £1000 each but jl would be a good chose thay have speckers at all price ranges. but to get the best sound u should us a amp it gives u better volume and less distortion

Yeah, I was planning on getting an amp so that I could get the best quality out of the speakers as possible :)

I was planning on spending about £1000 on audio including a sub. Would I be able to get a good quality set up for around that price?

Yeah, I was planning on getting an amp so that I could get the best quality out of the speakers as possible :)

I was planning on spending about £1000 on audio including a sub. Would I be able to get a good quality set up for around that price?

easy done at that price

I run rainbow platingums and I carnt fault them and I know onelifeliveit runs genesis absoloutes both of them would be great if money was no object £1000 plus but my vote goes for any middle of the road rainbows or focal kp'2 installed properly they will knock your socks off don't listen to the my mate runs flu this vibe that if you could hear a proper front end setup your eyes will be opened to a world you didn't know existed

Wish I had chance to listen to ur at inters Dubsy, I somehow keep on forgeting to ask you haha. Will u be at T19???

No fella I won't be there the audio is coming out yet again for another retrim and more work by mark turner on the door builds I'm thinking of going alluminium baffles even moving to an odr front end but I ain't sure yet what ever I decide your more than welcome to have a listen and chat buddy

I got two sets of these for the passat, hooked into some alpine 3522s amps and running off the standard gamma head unit.

Cheap as chips and sounds pretty damn good in comparison to the standard setup.

Because there isn't a best brand. It's all to do with the car, the acoustics, what's powering them, how they are installed, budget etc there is alot of factors. And it's not necessarily a set of speakers a mid from one brand may work better with a tweeter from another

So if I leave the standard tweeters...Would it make the rest of the audio sound a bit ****?

'Cause this all sounds a bit too complicated for me :\

because my subs are pretty loud, i installed co-axial speakers in the fron alongside the standard tweeters, now i have real clarity aswell as deep bass and plenty of mid :)

ye at that price range i would go for a set of hertz hi engery front speckers and a JL 12w3 in a sealed box and a hertz he2 amp running the front speackers and a HE1d running the sub with some layline specker cable and a 4g amp kit and a trunk kit of dynamat and a allpine radio. and that should sound birlant when set up right :) .