James's GTD & Jetta - Still Alive..

James827

looking good buddy :) I've recently got a mk2 td havent really done a progress thread but its white and hoping to get it somewhere as close to yours as yours is lovely :D

• Like 1

I fear this may turn into an off road project.

(for a few weeks at least)

P1010116.jpg

i cleaned out the Scuttle on the weekend, it was full of Leaves, Baloons (wtf?) and crap.

i knew it was rusty, but thought it was just a bad bung, however i opened the bonnet today and the Passengers side had disconnected itself,

if you look carefully at that picture you can see the hole where it should be a bit like this.,.

P1010119.jpg

that Tack welded on L shaped Platform Dooey has full on 'Fell off'

so Welding Equipment is in the Pipeline, and ive started to clear a space in the garage to get it sorted. (sometime after Christmastime)

and speaking of Christmas, I should be Getting Loads of goodies for the ol' girl

Yabba dabba Doo!

Screen-Shot-2012-08-15-at-7.02.46-PM.png

Just got sent some pictures of the car from Back in the day!

522568_4550114744028_1644643326_n.jpg

i belive that checkering was all cut by hand, Just like the 'Down and Out' Sticker on my windscreen (which will be removed)

The checkering was done in a VW racing style, some of it still resides on the Sunroof Diffuser.

cant say when this was taken, its on google earth in 2009/10 With the 90's spec Kit, single light grill and Alfa Teledials.

so this must be around 2008, the car was Aquired by prev owner at about this time.

this cars worn many different guises all over the years! and hopefully will have many more to come! just needs some TLC first to get it back on track!

• 4 weeks later...

today's Shenanigans

IMG-20130105-00221.jpg

Removed sunroof diffuser thing, needed some paint, as i peeled off the white squares, the paint came to! thought its clean up all the fittings whist its all in bits!

IMG-20130105-00222.jpg

also a few weeks ago I figured out why my rear door handle was a bit 'Fussy' lol

IMG-20121223-00220.jpg

aaand

Picture1_zps4c76e1a5.png

:)

still gotta sort out welding, and some other bits, but all in good time!

Edited by James827

so i got a bit exited today

IMG-20130110-00226.jpg

Excuse the Blur I was quite exited

IMG-20130110-00227.jpg

IMG-20130110-00229.jpg

i am Very pleased, i technically paid 100 for the wheels and they are in good shape, no real marks, just a little bit of bubbling. i will hopefully have them on for a test fit tommorow! i need spigot rings and 2 tyres before i run them properly.

Exiting times

• Like 1

i like it, just gotta pick up the 2 tyres, Wait for Spigot rings, and proper fit.

also, i gotta work out why my rear wheel sits so far back. the other sides in the Middle, and there no Tracking issues as theres no abnormal tyre wear

hm

also gota figure out center caps, tempted to try and make some

there was welding to help strengthen it, the otherside is fine though.

reckon i could slacken off all the bolts and shift it back?

might drop the rear beam and freshen up the Drums etc.

needs a copper line there too, mines pinched flat in one spot

There shouldn't be any welding on the rear beam or near it really.

The beam itself attaches to brackets which in turn attach to the chassis, not the floor. not anything which rusts, the actual chassis of the car.

Jack up, have look.

i have, it all looks fine, it wasent welded because it was broke, it was just for strength apparently. for some reason the bracket on the end Closest the front of the car is held on with like a Welded on lip thing (hard to explain) should it be bolted up? theres a hole for a bolt..

P1010133_zpsa91abf7a.jpg

Red-neck bolster repairs.

these will be going in soon, (just need plastic guides) and the Rapey Leathers will be up for sale, to fund Many many bits;

New coolant flange and coolant

New Fish-bowl (Header tank)

New Glow plugs

Diesel Purge Cleaner

Welding Equipment

Alternator (finally, 2nd hand of course)

also we have an ultrasonic Cleaner in college so might give the injectors a bath in that.

also those Azev reps, were all caddy wompus, so will be returned. new wheels soon hopfully!