How do you remove 1.0L airbox?

Westtopher

So you have removed all of the self tapping screws that hold the lid on to access the air filter right? If you have done that then the lid will lift right off. Then pull the air filter off and there will be two (iirc) hex bolts holding the lower part of the box down. Take them out. Also make sure that you have removed the piping that is attached the box as well mine is held by another self tapper. Then the lower part of the box is held on by a rubber and it also fits in to the throttle body so you have to give it a good pull to get it to come free. When you replace it put some Vaseline on the rubber to prevent it from perishing it will also help it come off a bit easier next time. But don;t go mad you don't want any in the box. Oh and this is how it is on the sport I don't know if it is the same for a 1L.

EDIT: Is it an oval air box?

Edited by Brammo

I think it's slightly different for the 1 litre.... There are just the two bolts to undo which you have already said that you have removed, now you just need to stand at the front of the car, put a hand either side of the air box and pull it upwards. It's got two things securing it, I have no idea how to describe them but if you give it a strong pull you won't break anything, I promise :D

yeah it is different, it has the two bolts at the top. ive tried to pull it but i was scared to break anything, so it if just pull it it will come off, cause i mean theres pipes attached to it :/

You will need to remove the ht leads from the engine cover and make sure they are not in the way. The breather hose is rubber and is connected to the left side of the engine cover just in front of the brake fluid reservoir (the yellow cap). You need to remove that. The big pipe, which is bottom left on the air box which is the air feed will come off with the airbox in one and will need a little tug to remove but that will be easier to remove once you have lifted the airbox off it's rubber things. As long as the ht leads are out of the way and the breather hose it off nothing can go wrong :) Let us know how you get on

Undo the pipe on the left, the two pipes on the right, the air feed at the front, the two bolts and then just lift it from the front up. Dont be afraid to rag it, it's held on with two ball and socket joints, they need force to unlock, nothing will break :)

Sweet Cheers guys, i only really wanted to know cause im gonna fit some panel filters, to give it some more noise cause it just sounds poor atm, i added an induction kit to it for halfrauds.

5818975123_8259210100.jpg

But doesnt sounds much different :/ just a little roar in idle

but want it to sound good but not 90's boy racer lol

narh airbox is still there, and its attached to the airbox, the original airflow pipe only when over the wheel arch. If the new air filter is restricting the air flow should i take the ole filters out of the airbox?

Yes mate, else the air is being filtered twice, so its a lot harder for the engine to suck it in.

If you want to use that blue filter, you need some silicon/ali pipework going from the throttlebody to the filter

Yes mate, else the air is being filtered twice, so its a lot harder for the engine to suck it in.

If you want to use that blue filter, you need some silicon/ali pipework going from the throttlebody to the filter

oh right cool, so it wont work with just taking the filters out? if im gonna do the pipe work what do i connect the pipes that are currently connected to the airbox to?

It will work as it is (with taking the OEM filter out) but its far from the optimum setup.

I dont know that the set up is like on the 1.0 but I assume there is just the PCV pipework, if so, an oil catch tank is wht you want, which then gets plumbed back into the pipework

and he'll need little filters for the oil breather pipes.

It will work as it is (with taking the OEM filter out) but its far from the optimum setup.

I dont know that the set up is like on the 1.0 but I assume there is just the PCV pipework, if so, an oil catch tank is wht you want, which then gets plumbed back into the pipework

5830609302_2e7177d6c8.jpg

That is ruffly about where the pipes are, on the left you have a small pipe about 1cm wide and on the right side you have two pipe one about 1/2cm and the other a bit smaller than that where would the oil catcher go?