Thinking of another GTi

bikemad04

I regret selling my old GTi a few months back, due to my new car costing me an arm and a leg in running costs,

Can someone remind me how much it is to fill up the GTi? I know prices might of changed a little but I cant remember and I want to know how much more money I am spending a week on fuel, Have a crap memory but I think I remember getting about 220-240 miles out of the tank, that sound about right? thats going to and from work mostly so not around town, cheers.

Thanks mate I thought you could get 300 and over,

Only thing that is putting me of getting another GTi is that parkers state 38 mpg and its the same for my car corsa vxr, so still undecided on that or a diesel but thats hard find one I like, ARGH why did I sell my GTi :(

I am certain I can get 400 miles out of it, but I get a bit bored halfway through the tank!

Whats your actual MPG from the Corsa, I doubt it will average 38mpg - maybe pottering around off boost.

Great car by the way - spanked one on a trackday a bit back, was brilliant fun. I hope you didnt buy that one - needed substantial repairs afterwards!

Got any pics?

Only got crappy phone pics and the car isnt clean,

Will have to reset the trip it says 34 MPG average but it's been saying that for a while and I don't realy know how it works lol,

It's not just fuel the insurance it twice what the lupo was, wasnt expecting this at the time but my renewel was more than they guessed,

And I want to do my bike test next year and would like to save for that and a bike which I can't do with the corsa,

Will proberly wait until the summer is over and make uo my mind what to do then.

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

I sold my gti and bought a megane R26 and now I can't just go for a drive for the sake of it as much as I could with the gti but it's definately worth it for the better car!

I sold my gti and bought a megane R26 and now I can't just go for a drive for the sake of it as much as I could with the gti but it's definately worth it for the better car!

Is it really that embarasing? ;)

I drive it every day and it's more reliable than my gti was... Peoples opinions of renaults are so outdated it makes me laugh!

I drive it every day and it's more reliable than my gti was... Peoples opinions of renaults are so outdated it makes me laugh!

Not really

I know the head renault salesman at my local branch

And he actually warned me off buying a megan sport lol

Keep the vxr...

For 4mpg is it really worth it

My lupo has got 37mpg over 10k miles

I'm starting to think that now, got just under 300 miles out of the last fill up most I ever had, Only other thing is the insurance will be keeping the vxr for a while anyway deffinatly through the summer, when I am looking to get a bike will see how the finances are looking and go from there.

Most nice diesels are higher on insurance than I expected the Ibiza cupra took my eye but thats group 15.

I'm starting to think that now, got just under 300 miles out of the last fill up most I ever had, Only other thing is the insurance will be keeping the vxr for a while anyway deffinatly through the summer, when I am looking to get a bike will see how the finances are looking and go from there.

Most nice diesels are higher on insurance than I expected the Ibiza cupra took my eye but thats group 15.

Cupra tdi's are nice...

Are you on about the old style pd160?

With a remap it will be level with your vxr and get 60mpg

Will handle better too as vauxhaul can't make a decent chassis

Yes the 160's and have seen some for sale with maps with 200bhp,

Only thing is I like my cars to stand out, the GTi and VXR does that nicely but the cupra's styling is a little boring,

Cant complain with the handling realy as it has 18" wheels, comparing it to my GTi on coilovers an 15's not a huge difference.

Whilst I agree that vauxhall can't make a good chassis... I have been in a corsa vxr, and owned a lupo gti for nearly 3 years.... I know which handles better and it isn't the lupo.

Ever been in a corsa vxr? Omg what a bus

Yes, have you? Or are you simply regurgitating tired old Top Gear cliches?

I found the steering a little light and slightly numb (I assume its an electric system) but couldnt really give it any major faults, apart from the electrics being too keen to cut in - then again, Im not used to a turbo engine so maybe that was just me being a bit too keen on the accelerator.

Not as good as its Renault counterpart mind you.

Have been told by the previous owner you can take the car to vaux and they can change the steering on a computer? There are 3 modes changing how light and heavy the steering is, not sure how true this is but he was a genuine guy so must be true.

Yes, have you? Or are you simply regurgitating tired old Top Gear cliches?

I found the steering a little light and slightly numb (I assume its an electric system) but couldnt really give it any major faults, apart from the electrics being too keen to cut in - then again, Im not used to a turbo engine so maybe

that was just me being a bit too keen on the accelerator.

Not as good as its Renault counterpart mind you.

Yes my bud has a 58 plate one... He says the same

Worryingly he had to get a gearbox at 30k another person i know had to get a new box too

Also they suffer faults on cylinder 1 i believe