Anyone owned a redtop?

Ben™

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be hated for asking this :lol:

But has anyone on this forum owned either a c20xe or c20let nova/cora b?

Do they live upto the expectations for power? Do they break down every other day?

Just any information is appreciated,

Regards,

Ben

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C20 xe's arent that fast tbh... Dont get me wrong there alright but for their pace i wouldnt own one

The c20let's on the other hand are rocketships

My mate has a 270bhp nova merit on cav slabs, and the local drug dealer has a 360 modena! Nova runs side by side with the modena once moving

I thought you had a Supra Ben?

My mate has a 300BHP Corsa C with a red top and that is pretty nippy...he reckons he's cracked 170mph in it.

I thought you had a Supra Ben?

My mate has a 300BHP Corsa C with a red top and that is pretty nippy...he reckons he's cracked 170mph in it.

I do. Debating whether to keep it or not though. Shade under 5k worth of car sat in the garage for 5months doesn't really appeal to me. It's also the auto, but you know what I'm like, change my mind every 5minutes.

I owned a stripped out redtop corsa, was bloody awesome, front end heavy round corners but on a straight once it caught traction it flew. Sounded great too, had to do tappets twice tho.

I do. Debating whether to keep it or not though. Shade under 5k worth of car sat in the garage for 5months doesn't really appeal to me. It's also the auto, but you know what I'm like, change my mind every 5minutes.

The money you must have lost in cars, mods, parts and insurance must be crazy!

The money you must have lost in cars, mods, parts and insurance must be crazy!

This makes me very sad. :(

Fiesta is dam amazing, wouldnt go near the corsa...Fiesta looks well looked after. Chances are the Corsa has been screwed every miniute of its life by some chav..

I hope that comment was localised to just one corsa!

I hope that comment was localised to just one corsa!

Oh sorry, didnt see your comment! I meant by the owner of the one he put up. His ebay advert isnt the literature of Roald Dahl..

A mate of mines running a 350bhp+ C20LET in his corsa. Not quite one for reliability though. seems to be off the road more than on it! But its seriously quick! :o

C20xe corsas are nothing special these days in a straight line. In a Nova, different story but still not supercar scaring quick. I've beaten both without much bother on the 1/4 mile.

Let motors are awesome though!

As for whoever said someone they done 170mph, its probably true a lads astra gte round here done 174mph on gps.

I didn't think there were that many straight roads round where you are... ;)

God people on here have 'mates' with some very fast cars! lol

174mph GPS? I would love to see the gear ratios and tyre size for that.

Was thinking the same thing... I work in the tuning industry and I don't even have as many customers with 400/500/600bhp from an engine that'll never achieve this power without 50k throwing at it.

However I have got a mate running 870bhp from an X10XEV engine. (You know, the 3 cylinder 1.0 12v)