16"s on lupo??

lupo_jack

im thinking of buying a new set of wheels preferbly a set of porsches but not decided to which set yet. what do you think 16" look like on a lupo or do they look to big? if any of you will post of piks it would be appreciated

thanks

Again on a GTI

AirBalloon.jpg

If they're an open design, you may want to think about bigger brake disks too as even the 280mm ones look small to me on mine haha

Edited by LoopEd

Tbh I wouldn't recommend 16s on a non-gti, I'm running 15x8s right down with a very small arch/tyre gap and I still want less ground clearance, just check my build thread out for most recent pics at its lowest

But if you're wanting to tuck them just get a set of 16x6s (maybe even 7s - just measure it all first) with 15/20mm adapters and take it right down, just a heads up you might have problems with the driveshaft up front on 16s but I'm not entirely sure on a 1.0, I know I cant do it on my 1.4 though because it was something I was looking into for winters :D

Tbh I wouldn't recommend 16s on a non-gti, I'm running 15x8s right down with a very small arch/tyre gap and I still want less ground clearance, just check my build thread out for most recent pics at its lowest

But if you're wanting to tuck them just get a set of 16x6s (maybe even 7s - just measure it all first) with 15/20mm adapters and take it right down, just a heads up you might have problems with the driveshaft up front on 16s but I'm not entirely sure on a 1.0, I know I cant do it on my 1.4 though because it was something I was looking into for winters :D

Ooh rifht thanks for the heads up mate. I been looking at 16x7/7.5s there is a set of porsche 928s up for sale with adaptors so im thinking of them?

I know yours is not a GTi but heres my old one on 16's.

IMG_0066.jpg

Now they look good on a GTI i always thought that finding something that looked factory would be impossible .

What wheels are they ? did they rub ? and what size tyres did you use ?

sorry for all the questions .