While I remember....

Pete

Is it possible to polish swirls out of vinyl?? I have a vinyl roof in black and it's all swirly, it has always been a bit marked since having it done but never really thought anything could be done with it, also, while I'm typing and got at least one person's attention, I've seen some people taking polishers to their headlights and tail lamps, what's all that about??

Pete

I'd imagine you could polish it out, just don't get it too hot or you'll end up damaging the adhesive.

Polishing headlamps and tail lamps will get rid of swirls in them too, its especially noticeable on tail lights when they get swirly/milky off coloured

Ok, cheers lads, I'll have a go by hand I think on the roof, don't have a polisher. I thought maybe they do the tail lamps to smooth them or summat!

Polishing the lights makes a huge difference. No point doing the whole car and having dull lights. I use the same polish on lights as I do on the car.

I've not polished vinyl but I'd be very careful if you try it. It's a very different product to paint and you might end up doing more damage.

So you can sand down your tail lamps with like p1200 and then use AG resin polish to bring them up?? Same with the fronts?

Wet sand up to 2000 / 2500 then you can easily polish the remaining sanding marks out by hand, especially with the aid of a sonus "German" applicator pad.

Ashley