Over Fueling

RebeccaJayne

my car is over fueling and have no idea why.

its only a 1 litre and i can only get 200 miles to a full tank. i put my hand over exhaust and smelt it and it stinks of pure fuel.

nothing comes up on the computer at the garage on the vag test thing.

could it be my lamba sensor??

please help this car is draining my bank account.

One of my lambda sensors went in my 1.0 Arosa.

It used and stank of fuel, misfired on start for a couple of minutes but my engine management light was on.

Sounds like it could be the same.

my car is over fueling and have no idea why.

its only a 1 litre and i can only get 200 miles to a full tank. i put my hand over exhaust and smelt it and it stinks of pure fuel.

nothing comes up on the computer at the garage on the vag test thing.

could it be my lamba sensor??

please help this car is draining my bank account.

Do you do alot of motorway journeys? If so this is why such poor fuel consumption on a 1L.

I do about 50/50 and get around 280 miles per tank. Im also thinking of changimg the lamba though.

Give the car a full service and check tire pressures too as that all helPs

i have sticky/dirty injectors so going to have them cleaned professionaly and go from there.

i dont do motorwy driving. the furthest i go is hull or york which is only 20 miles away. but thats not often. i do a few short runs to work and back a week. but still shouldnt use that much fuel. so it must be my injectors as i have no warning light on and nothing came up on vag test.

thanks for your help guys :) much appriciated!

i have sticky/dirty injectors so going to have them cleaned professionaly and go from there.

i dont do motorwy driving. the furthest i go is hull or york which is only 20 miles away. but thats not often. i do a few short runs to work and back a week. but still shouldnt use that much fuel. so it must be my injectors as i have no warning light on and nothing came up on vag test.

What makes you think it is the injectors?

If we are picking random parts to change I am going to go with coolant temp sensor

20miles eachway in a little 1L revving at 4k plus will use alot of fuel.

Also if you have dirty injectors it would limit the fuel instead of increase it.

Try lamba first because that is what tells the engine how much fuel to put in and if its reading wrong then you could just be over fueling because of that.