Flash Red 1.0 - Renault Turbines on!

Daniel Dewhurst

this is going to make me sound ridiculously stupid LOL,, basically, all it was was a dodgy connection! Tested the ignition wire going to the starter motor and at first it wasn't live, but when my brother moved the steering wheel in a certain way, it became live and therefore would start! So, ive just got my steering column fixed in the position that allows the car to start and now its fine!

• Like 1

£80 at carbon motive in sittingbourne, thats where im heading, my mate neil owns it really good there!

• 2 weeks later...

ok so at last after saying for ages I wanted mk4 recaros, I actually found some that are in good condition and not too much of a mission away! paid £120 for the set, which i dont think is too bad at all!

Anyway, here they are, after attacking them with a sewing machine over the last couple of days :lol:

C3579261-63F4-4203-BCA0-7258B20FD401-2756-000002D187563414.jpg

0CA973BF-3958-4CA8-B9BD-5A5225F0055A-2779-000002D2172209A5.jpg

How hard was it to fit the rears? They look great.

Well, I'm not gonna lie, its not easy haha. The passenger side is easier, as the drivers side starts off as a 60:40 seat so takes more time and more sewing! They're still not perfect but I'm happy with them :D

Edited by Daniel Dewhurst

• 4 weeks later...

ok so decided to give my wheels a refurb but need some ideas on colours?!

all ive come up with is anthracite but thinking this could be a bit boring and overly done already!

shopped it anyway to see what it would look like and i quite like it actually!

wheelcolourchange.jpg

pleeease gimme some more ideas!

wat thread didyou use to sew the covers back together and wasit just a typicalhousehold sewing machine?

just normal cotton thread man, i cant be any more specific im afraid haha! and yeh, just as normal sewing machine, but probably did about half with the machine and half by hand just because i found it easier in places :)

pretty set on refurbing my wheels in a grey anthracite colour and then later spraying my dash and maybe badges to match! just the decision whether to go gloss or metallic?!?!

awesomecheers for the help mate :) and forgot to mention your ride looks pritty sweet mate :)

no worries man! and cheeeers :D

Seats look ace, only just realised the seat release are on the opposite side to standard lupo ones! Anyone shed some light on why this is?

thanks man!, and theres one on both sides! so you can put the seats forward without leaning right over!

Edited by Daniel Dewhurst

• 4 weeks later...