Flash Red 1.0 - Renault Turbines on!

Daniel Dewhurst

noo i havent got one! and i also cant find the jump leads, gonna get a mate round later and try it.

whats also weird it that when you turn the ignition, it clicks twice and then theres a high pitched tone in the engine bay that stops after about 30 seconds

this is what someone said in an older post about changing the starter motor and sounds like what mines doing!

hi ive just bought a seat arosa 1.4 mpi in white nice car just a few problems it doesnt start on key but does when bumped, when key is turned a click can be heared then a drone sound then nothing all lights windows ect work was told it was starter motor not engaging so bout a starter motor from the breakers yard would be much apriciated if anyone could help or send me a link to a how to? cheers

My Supra normally gets used once a week and I had the same thing a couple of years ago where the car would not start - it would click rapidly and then a high pitch noise from the engine bay.

Turned out it was the battery - the sensor in the boot that turns the boot light off when you close it had gone, so the light was staying on 24/7 for a week, which drained the battery!

Hope yours is the same and a cheap fix too ;)

hopefully Joti! but the thing is ive had it on charge all night and still wont turn over at all! i took my engine cover off and tried to hear where the clicking and the noise was coming from and its coming from the throttle body?? could this be my problem?? what i dont understand is that the throttle still opens when you put your foot on the peddle?

Where do you stay?

HP3 0QJ is my postcode....

The high pitched noise is I think normal, alot of cars make similar noise when the electrics are turned on :)

yeh i thought that too man! asked around and people seem to think it could be the starter motor,, i had a look earlier and its in the most awkward position to get out! when ive got more time i will have a proper look, try and get it out and bench test it!

ok so managed to get it started by connecting a wire with a spade connector to where the ignition wire connection is on the starter, and touching the other end on the battery! Its pretty ghetto but at least i can drive it now! so at least now it can only really be one of two things, a broken ignition cable to the starter or the ignition switch past click 2 is buggered!

• Like 1

isnt that high pitched noise the fuel pump?

I was thinking that, pre-charges when you turn the key isnit.

Glad to hear you're getting somewhere with it Dan!

The fuel pump isn't as high pitched as that? Also the noise is coming from the front, the fuel pump is at the back under the seats.

The fuel pump is the low pitched buzz when you turn the key and or open the door iirc.

Yeah it primes with the key and when the door opens.