Safe to drive abroad?

GMInsite

Recently i got points and a fine for stopping within the limits of pelican crossing , So i produced my documents and they got sent off to old bill station , Ive planned to go to france within the next two weeks and its up to me to drive in the reliable lupo , My question is, is it safe to drive abroad without my driving licence or counterpart , Is there anything i can obtain to make it ok ? Possible to get a letter from police station ?

Anything will help

Cheers Greg

I didn't know you got points for that. You probably live in Sussex the cops are evil down there. Quick fact; "Sussex is one of only 2 counties in the country that run 100% of static cameras 100% of the time. Derbyshire where I live is now close to 10%. The police down there are funded by fining people I got done for plates which weren't even that bad.

Ive got all the stuff required by law like the first aid kit etc , Just not the licence or the paper counterpart , Obviously ill be taking my insurance documents and breakdown police and the tucker to say my license has been sent off

the ticket acts as your counterpart until the nice people at your local court return it to you... with a big staple on the front.

i've driven abroad twice now and never had any bother with the gendarmes... just don't act/be a cock you'll be fine.