My 1.8T 20v Conversion

grantmax

Can I pick ur brain I'm struggling to find custom mount for the engine can u point me to the place u went and the wiring iv got the loom from the s3 or is there a simpler way or will I need to change the complete loom

Can I pick ur brain I'm struggling to find custom mount for the engine can u point me to the place u went and the wiring iv got the loom from the s3 or is there a simpler way or will I need to change the complete loom

custom mount? as far as I am aware they dont exist for this conversion off the shelf.

my drivers side mount has a mounting point from a mk4 golf and the mount from a mk4.

the passenger side is completely custom as is the rear gearbox mount.

however I do belive that if you by a polo 9n3 gti drivers side mount it will help a great deal .

as for the loom.

go on facebook and look up ACR ... you want to speak to andrew outhwaite. he will make you a plug and play loom for a decent price.

worked a treat and saved so much hassel!

Very nice job, just wondering how much the seats cost for them to be re-upholstered? :yes:

cheers pal!

it was a while ago but I believe it was about £1100

unfortunately you may struggle to find it at that price as it was a friend of my old mans.

Oh, thought they might of cost a bit, wasn`t thinking that much though, cheers I now have a rough idea of the price, cheers, yet again nice job overall.

Oh, thought they might of cost a bit, wasn`t thinking that much though, cheers I now have a rough idea of the price, cheers, yet again nice job overall.

yea, leather doesn't come cheap! I have spoken to people who have a similar trim and paid double... not sure if mine is the going rate and they got ripped off or if I got a good deal.

cheers on the kind words!

Loving the sleeper/OEM looks on this, such a nice tidy conversion. I couldn't make anywhere near a nice enough offer :lol:;)

Loving the sleeper/OEM looks on this, such a nice tidy conversion. I couldn't make anywhere near a nice enough offer :lol:;)

Cheers pal! ... I will be getting some wheels soon!... Partially glad you cant make a nice offer as its not longer for sale :) ... keep posted for updates though!

• 2 weeks later...

yea, leather doesn't come cheap! I have spoken to people who have a similar trim and paid double... not sure if mine is the going rate and they got ripped off or if I got a good deal.

cheers on the kind words!

Yeah after talking to some of my mates, this is quite cheap compared to some of the £2500+ price mark that they have paid, yet again lovely job, given me some inspiration. cheers :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah after talking to some of my mates, this is quite cheap compared to some of the £2500+ price mark that they have paid, yet again lovely job, given me some inspiration. cheers :yes:

no worries pal! glad to help!

... wheels soon guys, just waiting for stocks to replenish!

Quick! Swap for an air'd gti?! It's quite quiet tho grant, was expecting more bwaaaaaaah!!

haha, tempting pm me some pics! .... it has a lupo backbox thats why its quiet. funds havent been in my favour on this build but that should be sorted next month so ill have a bit more "bwaaahh" and it will be quicker as the backbox will restrict the airflow.

stay tuned though! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How does she handle? I'm thinking of doing this with my black sport next year! But then it got me thinking that it'll just be like a red top corsa on handling :/ and I love the handling on the current set up! (1.4 sport) :P

How does she handle? I'm thinking of doing this with my black sport next year! But then it got me thinking that it'll just be like a red top corsa on handling :/ and I love the handling on the current set up! (1.4 sport) :P

as it stands its not too bad!

however once I have had a chance to sort the exhaust and buy some new wheels I will be getting a new lower ARB from awesome GTI as I have been told the differences are immense.

You obviously get a fair amount of under steer if you put your foot down a bit heavily on a corner although that is to be excepted, however an LSD would help that!

all in all the power is what makes the difference not the weight of the engine.

New exhaust & wheels should be coming in the next couple of weeks :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...