Carbon

kevo66

Mate.... give it a rest! Pics will be up when the things Im making are done, if you dont want to wait, google "carbon"....

Well said, take your time Kev buddy, sure plenty of people are gonna keep their eye on this topic, me included! Don't take too long though, I'm quite impatient at times!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about carbon (not sure what they are called) but I think it is tachometer surrounds instead of the silly silver and plastic "bolts" part on the loops? I think that would probably look kool as it wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb as some carbon fiburrr does.

I think this may have been mentioned actually is this the speedo surround or is that the upside down plastic bra on the dash?

Edited by Misterdave

Yea kinda but I was wondering if you could actually do the O O (that's my artist impression) parts of it whether it is possible to wrap it? the standards SDI lupo doesn't have that little clocky part in the middle

Yea kinda but I was wondering if you could actually do the O O (that's my artist impression) parts of it whether it is possible to wrap it? the standards SDI lupo doesn't have that little clocky part in the middle

I get what you mean mate. The circular surrounds would be easy minus the little inset bits, maybe more trcky to try and get those into the original mold!

I don't think I'd really care for the insets minus a couple holes for the clock settings possibly modify a couple actual press buttons for it / steal them from a tv remote? lol

I don't think I'd really care for the insets minus a couple holes for the clock settings possibly modify a couple actual press buttons for it / steal them from a tv remote? lol

Ha, sounds ghetto! Let me have a proper look at a set tomorrow and I'll see ;)

Arent the Carbon bonnets heavier than the Aluminum ones?

Very very very very much doubt this =) Carbon fibre only needs a few layers crossed over to create similar strength.

Very very very very much doubt this =) Carbon fibre only needs a few layers crossed over to create similar strength.

^^ This,,,

Only time I have known them to be heavier is on our track 172 where the STD and rare alloy one was VV light!

• 2 weeks later...

looks very nice mate... hows about costing up a rear Lupo GTi spoiler? Forget the brake light cut out, just the spolier in same shape, size etc?

Think people might like this?...

looks very nice mate... hows about costing up a rear Lupo GTi spoiler? Forget the brake light cut out, just the spolier in same shape, size etc?

Think people might like this?...

No probs mate, best way for me to do that is buy one so I can check it out properly. Any reccomended places to buy that wont charge a fortune?

No probs mate, best way for me to do that is buy one so I can check it out properly. Any reccomended places to buy that wont charge a fortune?

might be best putting a wanted add in the parts section on here? I think there a couple of people selling them?

Or if not, just check out the parts for sale thread?

Most will have bubbling under the paint caused by water soaking in through the brake light 'seal'... which is eactly why people might want a carbon one!

:shades:

I can lend you my gti spoiler which is off the car and can ne sent asap, BUT ill want a free carbon copy or a heavily discounted price as you will prob make alot of money.

Text or call 07985658174

Sdimelow@gmail.com

Will save you on the outlay of buying a spolier aswell ;)

Edited by karting

I can lend you my gti spoiler which is off the car and can ne sent asap, BUT ill want a free carbon copy or a heavily discounted price as you will prob make alot of money.

Text or call 07985658174

Sdimelow@gmail.com

Will save you on the outlay of buying a spolier aswell ;)

Hi mate, thats bang on! I dont mind a freebie your way in return ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any progress?