Do you agree with this new possible law?

DarkStryder360

can of worms mate with this topic

when your a student quite often that involves working late at night so they would be allowed to drive to work but when they get out they cant get home??

whos going to police it? cause the coppers cant just do a vehicle check and say that car is insured by Mr Smith who is 55 with Mrs smith 54 and Mr Smith 18 on the policy and pull Mr smith who is 55 after 11pm all of the time. that would become police harrasment. christ, they struggle to catch people not wearing a seat belt etc!

No motorway driving, thats very well and good when you live in london, but in glasgow with a motorway ploughing straight through the city ( im sure theres many more out there similar ) and you cant realy drive without jumping on the M8, M77, M74, M73, M80 ( and thats just the ones in the town! ) so thats not going to fly either

not everyone can afford to pay for lessons for a year, all that would happen is people take one lesson, leave it a couple of months then start there lessons again OR just like my mrs, have there provisional for ID purposes so it looks like shes been taking lessons for 7 years! so that idea is flawed

no driver under the age of 25 to have passengers, thats very good in practice but that technically means that little miss chavy McChav who is 20 with 5 children to 6 fathers couldnt take her children in the car.... great idea.......

F***ing MP's should really think before coming out with brain fart crap like this....

There is a perfectly easy to understand rule already in place - Keep left unless overtaking. Just people are oblivious to it

for fear of being banned for comments, i spend all day driving on the roads but there are certain "groups" of people who are guilty of this.

if these laws are comin in for new drivers then surley a test resit at 60/65yrs old must be on the cards?

imo elders are far worse, forget driving like a loon. . . response time and complete hesitancy are more of a danger are they not?

Edited by 2001gti

if these laws are comin in for new drivers then surley a test resit at 60/65yrs old must be on the cards?

imo elders are far worse, forget driving like a loon. . . response time and complete hesitancy are more of a danger are they not?

Govt figures (for Ireland, cant find any UK) show that 15-25 year olds account for 40% of road deaths, whilst only holding 12.5% of licences

That phrase is part of the problem - people think of lanes as slow, medium and fast - slow is for lorries so Ill stay in the middle, and Im going faster than 70 so I need to be in the fast lane.

people never call it the fast lane when stopped by police, it suddenly becomes the third lane lol.

Govt figures (for Ireland, cant find any UK) show that 15-25 year olds account for 40% of road deaths, whilst only holding 12.5% of licences

however how many of those were passengers? facts are facts, im not arguing that but when they say "deaths on the road" that can range from a suicide jumper off a bridge onto a motorway which is a death on the road, to Mr/Miss "im going to use the motorway as silverston" killing themselves on the road, to Mrs Smith whos 45 whos taking her 3 kids to school crashes into the back of a bus killing her 3 kids. they must be more specific with the figures though as to the % of young DRIVERS being killed, not just deaths on the road....

dont get me wrong, i still say women will have more accidents than guys, but women tend to have "oopsies" as my sister called them and have small bumps, but guys tend to do the job properly and write it off.

[quote name=one litre wonder ;)' timestamp='1306434140' post='929105]

dont get me wrong, i still say women will have more accidents than guys, but women tend to have "oopsies" as my sister called them and have small bumps, but guys tend to do the job properly and write it off.

I find young females are the worst for sitting in the middle lane and fat business men in Audi's and BMW's are worst for hogging fast lane.. I've seen them join a nearly empty motorway and dart right out to the fast lane racks my brain!

Nothing more amusing than booling up behind a cnut in an Audi on a motorway and flashing him out of the way. Even better if puts his toe down..

Anyone I see hogging either lane gets flashed and beeped until they move if nothing is in the left.

Seriously though, it's courtesy to flash someone out of the way in Europe, yet here it's rude? Rubbish. Lane discipline is terrible here

I find young females are the worst for sitting in the middle lane and fat business men in Audi's and BMW's are worst for hogging fast lane.. I've seen them join a nearly empty motorway and dart right out to the fast lane racks my brain!

Shut up. :D