Need your Feedback on Gti exhaust system

Gti paul

Looking at getting a Catback system for my Gti,with the (twin pipe),in the next couple off weeks.

Can Peep's who have the above leave there feedback on there system they have chosen, to include build quality,sound, style, perfomance,and issues if any ?

also Vids would be a bonus

thanks.;)

I have a powerflow catback on my arosa and that does everything I want it too, I asked them to make it loud without sounding crap and they did exactly that. Build quality varies on where you go, I paid £280.

No doubt Ben will tell you to get a bastuck system, I've also heard nothing but good things about these, only problem is locating one.

Another couple of options are scorpion, primary designs or custom chrome.

Hope that helped?

I have a bastuck

I think its a rip off for the price

Tailpipe on mine (dtm style) looks worse than oem

And doesnt even sound good! Sounds like a standard exhaust thats past it and blowing slightly

Ive heard a janspeed and the difference is night and day! So much better

Edited by Big Jase

Cheers, Jase,Ben

For your comments i live nr Salisbury so Janspeed is only 15 mins away,

yrs ago i had a cat back in mild steel from Janspeed on my Calibra and it sounded standard was gutted.

Ive heard probs with blowing issues on the Bastruck on the joins but that might off been however fitted the system?

I have the full Bastuck system on my 2001 Lupo GTI (cat-back). Took x4 attempts to get it to fit right! It's a very snug fit to all heatshields. Plus you need to invest in some heavy duty exhaust clamps to stop it blowing. It's also very expensive and mine didn't gain the 5bhp promised...

dont suppose u have a vid?

Probably get flamed for this as I usually do whenever i comment

I looked into this quite heavily myself in the past as a word of warning I was going to purchase a Bastuck saw supply & quality issues so was heading towards the Janspeed as liked the idea of OEM+ they had to change the design/size of the tailpipes down a bit as there were issues with the early ones melting rear bumpers think they have downsized the bore on tailpipes now might have cured it but just a word of warning.

I don't think you will get any increase in bhp by fitting a cat back exhaust system if thats what you are hoping to do, the way to uprate performance easily would be to buy a sports cat 100 or 200 cell, as the OEM one strangles any system you mate to it.

On the other hand you might need to replace your OEM system & IIRC they are about £700-£900 from dealer.

As you seem to be aware already Janspeed have their own website & tyou can ring them direct you are bound to get a good deal on one i remember that they were offering me a really tempting price at the time.

If I wanted a really good system the way i wanted it as you seem to want an OEM type i would have a custom made one & if I was having a custom made one i would go to Pipewerx as they are simply the best, in my opinion.

All this said I can't believe i ended up with a Scorpion single oval exit as had some of their systems in the past & not the best for Mk2 Golf Gti bit noisey not much action, boy racerish, that said this one sounds sweet but it is linked to a Pipewerx polished intake BMC CDA, 4 into 1 Ashley Manifold, Pipewerx 200 cell sports cat, car custom remapped delivers 145bhp.

Car sounds really good it's a good system tidy & looks well.

Don't ask for videos i can't even upload pics on here, I can send you a pic to your email if you want to pm me to see how the system looks?

I would recommend the system (which i never thought I'd hear myself say) & they do make one especially for the Sport 100 bhp which is popular enough with sport owners that can afford one it just might not be your style.

I dropped lucky & got it off a mate for £100.00 he had only had it on car for about 800 miles before he wrapped it & i don't mean vinyl;)

Edited by leweylupo

Lewey,

Was thinking full system as used to have a 200 cell motorsports cat mated to a blueflame exhaust top system £££££ though on my old motor.

IMG00863-20100626-1023.jpg

As for the Janspeed was thinking getting cat back for now and when funds permit get an ashley mani decat and remap,

would get mani decat now but as im getting a full front end respray next week, i cant streech any more funds on motor this month,

Lewey,

Was thinking full system as used to have a 200 cell motorsports cat mated to a blueflame exhaust top system £££££ though on my old motor.

IMG00863-20100626-1023.jpg

As for the Janspeed was thinking getting cat back for now and when funds permit get an ashley mani decat and remap,

would get mani decat now but as im getting a full front end respray next week, i cant streech any more funds on motor this month,

Time & patience is the key a lot of R&D went into getting mine the way I wanted it

As well as the ability to not be afraid to spend money rather than cut corners as so many do.