83 Mk1 Gti

scotty_82

Ive had this for a few years now and tbh its just sat in the garage and done nothing, but moving house and getting a garage thats joined on with heating and electricity has spurred a few things on in collecting bits i need to get it back into shape.

This is how it sat when i bought it

DSC00381.jpg

DSC00380.jpg

DSC00379.jpg

And then the bits collecting started

wilwoods and 280mm g60 disks

DSC00078.jpg

Weitec coilovers were fitted too

DSC00157.jpg

And the ABF engine was removed and swapped for some bits including some motordrive seats

DSC00165.jpg

This is basically how it sat for a while

DSC001681.jpg

DSC00167.jpg

DSC00166.jpg

So then i pulled my finger out and ordered some more bits, full poly bush set and alot of stainless brackets etc

Plus i rebuilt the rear axle with all new parts and polybushes etc

garage.jpg

axle.jpg

And the engine in the background is another purchase 20v from a seat leon, plus mounts from crazy quiffs.

All i need now is a 8mm spacer, g60 fly and a clutch and then its ready for fitting.

engine.jpg

I got this with the subframe, steering rack and pretty much every part of the loom from the car. So a few bits that are to be sold on to finance other bits.

So the car currently sits like this waiting to get transferred to the new house and its new home for the engine to be put in.

golfonmas.jpg

golfwheel.jpg

reargolfonmas.jpg

Edited by scotty_82

Cheers , forgot i have other bits too, like steering rack brackets in stainless, 100mm driveshafts that are brand spanking new and as soon as i get the coin together a full bias pedal box with hydraulic clutch and all the lines ran inside of the car.

You are alive then! Awesome motor by the way, think this is the 1st time I've actually seen a thread you started relating to a car you own!

Im an international man of mystery , there are alot of things people dont know about me. :shades: :shades: :coffee:

You've gone up in my estimations! :lol: Liking the look of that.

You mean i wasnt already at the top?

You are alive then! Awesome motor by the way, think this is the 1st time I've actually seen a thread you started relating to a car you own!

I've always wondered if he would reveal a car... sweet car to start with too!

Its been listed in my profile for ages, i just couldn't be bothered to put a post together about it.

Looks awesome, will be well cool when it's done and before you put it in a hedge or blow it up. :)

Shame nobody remembers your loop though.

55f475ee.jpg

I've just noticed you changed t back to a silver vw badge on the front lol

Well the g60 flywheel is ordered and should be getting lightened asap.

Scotty, I've got a flywheel kicking about you could have had . . . .

Still can if you want ?

Rich whats it off abf or g60?

Its green.

A bit more progress today, it moved and on the road too........

Well all be it on the back of a trailer

Loaded up

Trailor.jpg

On the move

trailormoving.jpg

Tucked up

caringarage.jpg

Also i got the 100mm drive shafts over too

100mmdriveshafts.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got some new parts delivered today

mk2 kr tensioner stud and nut for the tensioner that i already had

tensionorbolt.jpg

Like a G6......................0 Flywheel looking nice and clean with new bolts too

g60andbolts.jpg

and a 2.8vr6 sah clutch kit

g60andplate.jpg

g60flyandplateassembly.jpg

Ill update a bit more when i get it fitted and put the box on this weekend sometime.

Edited by scotty_82

Well i fitted the g60 flywheel but didnt pick up the correct bolts to attach the vr6 clutch so back to vw for those, tbh i thought they might have used the same type ones for the dual mass. Lesson learnt there.

g60flywheelon.jpg

Also fitted the KR tensioner with an 8mm spacer ( a drilled out nut lol ). Also trial fitted the new mount, for which i need another two bolts for before i tighten it all up.

Mounton.jpg

Good stuff! Im all set with my engine, painted up as well as the bay, loom converted to plug and play into mk1 fusebox, just waiting to find a flywheel and then its all go. Only problem is my shell needs a rear panel and paint! Big problem in fact. If youve got any questions drop me a PM as i've spent hours trying to work out the ins and outs to get it right!