Which braided brake hoses actually fit properly?

I known with the Goodridge ones the rears are too big for the mounting holes in the beam. Do the fronts fit in the original mounting brackets?

Is anyone using the hosetechnik or Kam Racing ones?

If you cable tie them on an arsey MOT inspector will fail you for it

Like mine did! Passed eventually after paying two retest fee's though. £90 in tests alone that MOT cost me! :(. Tosser.

Ahh I remember now, I knew cable ties were involved somehow though!

Have Kam racing ones, fitted straight on, no bull.

Did you fit both the front and rears? Any pics of the fitment?

Ive got a set of Kam Racing ones in the shed Jon, didnt think they would fit. But maybe im wrong!

Are you both talking about the same bit fitting?

I assumed you meant the inner arch brackets that hold the flexi where it joins the line, to stop it moving about.

Does Dan just mean both ends bolt up?

I think mine was just being an arse. It had a jubilee clip round holding it on, but he said it could still move slightly, so I had to put another one on.

Goodridge fronts fitted mine fine, as do the ones I had made by HEL for my Porsche brakes. http://www.brake-lines.co.uk/ Still with the VW clip on them.

Rears just need the mounting hole in the beam opening and then the fit fine. I would speak to the people in the link above VERY helpful, tell them what the issue is.

Are you both talking about the same bit fitting?

I assumed you meant the inner arch brackets that hold the flexi where it joins the line, to stop it moving about.

Yes I am on about that fitting. I was hoping the pic would show how it was fixed to the bracket.

Also with the Goodridge ones, the ends are too big to fit through the holes in the rear beam. This can be solved by drilling out the holes, but it's a faff on. I was hoping some of the other brands would be a direct swap.

Foxy, why didn't you think they'd fit?

I didnt think they would fit because the Kam Racing ones dont fit my rear beam properly, the ones I had made for the front dont fit, the ones I made for Phil's car dont fit and the Goodridge ones on my Golf dont fit. So I came to the conclusion none would fit.....? :wacko:

Ive got Kam Racing fronts in the shed if you want to try them for size

Goodridge fronts fitted mine fine, as do the ones I had made by HEL for my Porsche brakes. http://www.brake-lines.co.uk/ Still with the VW clip on them.

Rears just need the mounting hole in the beam opening and then the fit fine. I would speak to the people in the link above VERY helpful, tell them what the issue is.

Good info, cheers, I had checked your thread but couldn't see anything about fitting the fronts.

Foxy, let me try yours and we'll take it from there.

Ray, it's for when I give a lift to the two fat ladies (88) ;)