Finally

TempZ

Well iv been searching for my first car for a while now and decided on a Arosa Mk1!

I havent passed, its to dub whilst do my lessons lol

After trying and ringning around to find most had alredi been sold, or some had problems they didnt say :@

I finaly found a gudden!

Its a W Reg, Red, 48,000 on the clock. Advertised around the £900, but ill getem downa fair bit :P

Just fort id let you guys no :) Wish me luck for my viewing next weekend :)

I wouldn't get excited till you've actually got it mate. As you said yourself, alot of them have problems that the seller has left out. But if it all goes well then congrats mate!

I wouldn't get excited till you've actually got it mate. As you said yourself, alot of them have problems that the seller has left out. But if it all goes well then congrats mate!

Yea i know, but does look quite good on the picz, im a qulified mechanic and so is my old man so ill get it up in the air andhave a look and get him to take it for a test drive, but iv got a good feeling about this that i havent had on the others lol

And Dubbed; Slammed on Collies, tints, smoothing and hopefully some MiniLites lol

To dub a car usually means to put 20" or above wheels on, its an american term.

Dub in this country is just a short name for VW , Vee-Dub. It is not a term referring to how a car is styled.

This.... And dont just not declare them. Doing this reserves you a place in the same circle of hell as hitler, Gary glitter and Harold shipman.

This.... And dont just not declare them. Doing this reserves you a place in the same circle of hell as hitler, Gary glitter, Harold shipman and the cast from "The only way is Essex".

Pah! So true, had to endure 10mins of that with the girlfriend the other night..... And all of a sudden, the cows needed checking :)

This.... And dont just not declare them. Doing this reserves you a place in the same circle of hell as hitler, Gary glitter, Harold shipman, the cast from "The only way is Essex" and the inventor of 'Demon Shine'

Theres that new piece of shiz made in chelsea, i really wish they didnt bother!

Edited by joeadamou

• 2 weeks later...

It's called a Btec ladies and gentlemen - the poor man's GCSE (Or O level for Silver!) ;)

Actually I did the City & Guild BTec in motor engineering when I was an apprentice and it was a 3 year minimum course which was well rounded and solid, it was replaced by a much watered down NVQ syllabus. Nothing 'poor mans' about it Jabs. I can't see anyone completing an actual proper BTec in a year! And even if it was possible I certainly wouldn't consider anyone taking part 'qualified'.

Actually I did the City & Guild BTec in motor engineering when I was an apprentice and it was a 3 year minimum course which was well rounded and solid, it was replaced by a much watered down NVQ syllabus. Nothing 'poor mans' about it Jabs. I can't see anyone completing an actual proper BTec in a year! And even if it was possible I certainly wouldn't consider anyone taking part 'qualified'.

That last bit was more my point. haha

My friend got a Btec in motorsport engineering in a year, but as far as i'm aware the one he did wasn't well rounded or solid :P

Possibly more specific towards that part of the industry I'd say. Maybe a foundation knowledge of the job is expected if you're going into the motorsport side of things!

It's called a Btec ladies and gentlemen - the poor man's GCSE (Or O level for Silver!) ;)

Not really.

I finished School, GCSE, went to college did a BTEC ND course for 2 years, then went on to do a HE and now BA(hons)Degree, for 3 years.

Its the equivalent to an A Level.