Discussion On Lights

Dan *Arosa* Fisher

They need to re write that imo. One minute they are talking about hids that the young chav buys in his corsa b and the next they are talking about high end cars that come xenons as standard.

Ive never had a problem with looking at cars that come with standard xenons, they work perfect for the on coming driver imo, its **** hids in frosted looking headlamps that cause the problems.

The reason for that is probably due to the fact that the journalist doesn't know what they're talking about. The old boy probably doesn't either.

My mate has Astra vxr with no headlight washers and it has xenons. Evos dont have headlight washers and most of them tend to have xenons.

Wow, I didn't know that. Fair enough.

Wow, I didn't know that. Fair enough.

Its due to EU type approval rules, you should have them over here, but if the EU have said that particular car is ok without them, then you dont. Some Renaults dont either

Makes your brain melt trying to figure it out

iv got the blue HID effect bulbs in atm, off ebay for like £3 for 2, they arent exactly the best with brightness but give the cool blue effect when first switched on and go white after that :) .. good contrast in my opinion!

• 5 months later...

i'f like to know why the go on about needing washers, most people who have cars with washers probably don't even what they are / that they even have them so they hardley ever get used.

actually i've just watched a video on youtube and i can't tell if they come on automaticly with wipers or not...

They do - you normally have to keep the stalk pressed for longer to activate them though.

hids are xenon...

But xenons arent always HIDs