Audio Install

I've never gone further than just putting a sub & amp in my boot audio wise. I think I've found a headunit just can't decide between the 2:

Pioneer AVIC-F30BT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIONEER-AVIC-F30BT-7-DOUBLE-DIN-CAR-DVD-GPS-NAVIGATION-/330556603237?pt=UK_AudioElectronicsVideo_Video_TelevisionSetTopBoxes&hash=item4cf6b57b65#ht_3119wt_1144

OR

Pioneer AVIC-F930BT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIONEER-AVIC-F930BT-DOUBLE-DIN-CAR-DVD-GPS-NAVIGATION-/330556599713?pt=UK_AudioElectronicsVideo_Video_TelevisionSetTopBoxes&hash=item4cf6b56da1#ht_4125wt_1144

Now here's where I'm mostly stuck & appreciate any help!!

I have a few bits and bobs lying around. I have a Sub & amp which was out of my uncles old front cover car, apparently there was £30k worth of audio in the car. Not sure if I believe the figure but it was the Redline Mag car editor persony bloke so should be high end quality? I've just gone and dug it out of the garage and the amp is an Alpine V12 MRV-T707. The Sub is also Alpine and in an enclosure but in the garage the speaker has got damaged & cracked.

Also have a pair of Pioneer TS-A6958 6x9's taken from his car too.

Now I have no clue about audio to be frankly honest, are these half decent I know Pioneer & Alpine are in the higher range of audio equipment.

I have a student budget of around £500 (AFTER HEADUNIT) just wondering if I should ditch what I have and start fresh or keep with that?

Cheers!

Edited by Kent

I've never gone further than just putting a sub & amp in my boot audio wise. I think I've found a headunit just can't decide between the 2:

Pioneer AVIC-F30BT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIONEER-AVIC-F30BT-7-DOUBLE-DIN-CAR-DVD-GPS-NAVIGATION-/330556603237?pt=UK_AudioElectronicsVideo_Video_TelevisionSetTopBoxes&hash=item4cf6b57b65#ht_3119wt_1144

I'd go for the one with the bigger screen if it were me; I've bought one with buttons on the side but given the choice would have a bigger screen.

Quite a price difference though ! :blink:

what are you looking for from the setup?

imo the best sounding installs are

good quality components up front run active from good quality amps

single sub in well designed box in the rear with a nice class a/b amp

loads of deadening

makes i'd be looking at are

genesis

dls

hertz

jl audio

etc theres loads get on talkaudio if you want some good info and opinions on what to run

I have some budget hertz components running ampless ATM off my clarion headunit. I don't have a huge amount to compare it to in terms of car audio but i listened to a few set ups in the shop when i bought them (i think this is important to do with audio) hertz was to me by far the best sounding compared to some similar priced JBL,Alpine and Focal. I'm really happy with the quality considering they're not amped. They were about £150 iirc. I think I'll buy Hertz again.

Hope this helps!

I'd go for hertz again.

Really?

Why would a 6x9 sound any worse than a 6.5" round?

Normally they can't cope with how far people try to push them, especially when shoved in a parcel shelf with a sub underneath.

Normally they can't cope with how far people try to push them, especially when shoved in a parcel shelf with a sub underneath.

The man talks sense they are gash :)

what are you looking for from the setup?

imo the best sounding installs are

good quality components up front run active from good quality amps

single sub in well designed box in the rear with a nice class a/b amp

loads of deadening

makes i'd be looking at are

genesis

dls

hertz

jl audio

etc theres loads get on talkaudio if you want some good info and opinions on what to run

Quoted for truth. This is the way to go, get some good components/tweeters off a good amp and then a single sub in a good box with an amp!

Also take notice of the frequencies covered etc. Lot's of people mistake wattage for a better sound, but mostly it just means you need more power to run it. (obviously more power means possibility of better sound, this isn't always the case however)

None of that is the speakers fault.

Fitting a pair of 6x9s into the rear panels at the side of the rear seat is one of the best things you could do for Lupo audio.

Nothing wrong with the speakers, just need to make sure they are fitted correctly in a good location.

yeah was guna say 6x9's are fine in the right location, could have them boxed on the rear parcel shelf with a sub underneath therefore eliminating the pressure caused by the sub hitting the bottom of them as such :) Ive got Rockford fosgate 6x9's they are brilliant!