Possible MOT problems for the uber low!!

basically took my old car for MOT about 2 months ago, they said they had trouble passing it coz it was too low for the headlight alignment machine.. the car was......

100_0022-1.jpg

100_0019-1.jpg

im worried now coz the new car (going for MOT on friday!) looks like this...

100_0501.jpg

100_0493.jpg

spoke to the MOT guy on the phone today and he said "if its too low for the alignment machine- i'll have to fail it!"

anyone else come across this problem??? there are loads on here lower than mine!!

If they don't register on the test machine then they won't be in the required height band from the road .... I.e a lorry's headlamps are loooooooow down in comparison to cab as they gotta be at the same height as a cars - it's no good pointing straight and being straight at someone's face or even straight over the top if a car ... Same applies in lowness there's a minimum height from Tarmac requirement - sure if you google it you can find out and measure yours prior to going to be sure HTH

Edited by rosiearosa

All car designers have to take the minimum height requirement into account (my mate designs headlamps for porche) - I can imagine it'd have to be looow to be too low as like you say - Ferrari etc are fairly low, but there is a minimum even with adjusting the machine etc - just depends on what that minimum is...

Yeah, VX220 headlights are below knee height.

It shouldn't be a fail if he can't get it on his ramps or complete any other part of the test. He won't be able to pass it, but it shouldn't go down as a fail.

As said, he can't be bothered, take it somewhere else.

Take ure car elsewhere mate sounds like a fool to me, these people seem to forget that your the customer and ure paying his wages if he can't be assed take it to someone who can