After a Fair price / valuation

Big Jase

Basically as im banned i have no use for my lupo gti, i have someone who's asked to buy it but i'd rather just keep it than give it away...

i'll rattle off some specs...

2002 02 plate in moon silver

lupo gti 6 speed

A/C

97k miles with full VW service history until 72k, then 3 independent services (2 by me)

Just passed MOT with NO advisories what so ever

5 months TAX

extra's

Bastuck cat back

piperx viper

powerflexed at the front (within last 5k)

new AP 40mm fixed suspension (shocks and springs)

Standard Bathursts in A1 condition in Anthracite with brand spanking Kumho rubber all round

recent work

oil service and filter

new gearbox oil

coolant temp sensor

thermostat

rear wheel bearing

coolant

magnecor HT leads

Basically as the car stands mechanically it is immaculate, there are no niggly problems what so ever, i have spent a small fortune on it and its good to go to any owner

The problem is the car is a cat d but other than this its in well above average condition for age and mileage

i would obviously rather keep the car than give it away as i've pumped an absolute fortune into it getting it immaculate..

i was thinking of asking £3,000 now i know its a cat d but to me it is irrelevant regarding the condition and recent MOT showing its easily in road worthy condition... am i being cheeky??

here's a pic

3f7027fe.jpg

5a066e09.jpg

I think 3k seems a reasonable price, looking at the mileage and condition. Dependant on how long your ban is, would you regret selling it now, when you get back on the road? If you have no real reason to sell (other than it not being used if your SO doesn't want to drive it) then there's no point letting it go for peanuts. If someone wants it then they'll pay that for it.

When you spend a small fortune on a car to make it almost "as new" mechanically I would really think twice about letting it go. I know I have have spent about £1k+ in about 2 months on mine to fix all the niggly problems it had on it and I wouldn't let it go in a hurry. I have gone to France with it and it's perfect- now- and at last feel like "mine" ie immaculate and well cared for.

Of course if you were bored of it- that would be a different matter. But it seems you're not. Keep it. :)

I have 10months ban left.

Thats the thing in a years time what will i get for my 3k... A corsa? Lol

Im unsure as i love the car

I would say in the last 3 months ive spent probably 1k easy on it

I have 10months ban left.

Thats the thing in a years time what will i get for my 3k... A corsa? Lol

Im unsure as i love the car

I would say in the last 3 months ive spent probably 1k easy on it

I'd keep it if I was you. 10 months will soon fly by. Just don't let yourself be tempted into driving it whilst you're banned. You could keep it insured third party for 0miles per year to help your NCB as well for when you're back on the road?

Edited by NOCK

I would keep it. Either SORN it or let your other half drive you to the shops once a week.

Clean, polish, improve...

Just imagine how 'spankin' it will be by the time you get back on the road.

Well im paying 1900 for her to drive it so i dont think i will match that price ( i hope )

I could respray in ford frozen white, supercharge / bam it, or i could be sensible.. I really dont know why but i fancy a mondeo st tdci next year

Yeah the fabia is for sale its a licence loser that one! What a car though!

I'd keep the GTi mate, surely you'll want your first drive return to be in an old friend rather than something else? Also you're old Fabia... could probably raise 4k and the temptation to borrow 2k and get it is there :). Epic car.