Custom Manifold for ITBs

Heyaxe

I beleive they do direct to head kits now

They wont fit a Lupo engine, the Port space between 1&2 and 3&4 is 40mm but unfortunately the space between 2&3 is only 30mm so you have no option other than a manifold (Sorg is a good bet) on a space plate.

Very hard to get one, but if you keep searching you will find one. You will have more luck searching abroad for one, although there are a few UK companies that do sell them for the 1.4 16v engine.

Other than that, depending on what length body you are using you could go to a machine shop with an inlet gasket and get them to make a plate that matches the spacings on the intake gasket.

John

Yup its looking like i will need to find someone who can fabricate an adapter for my tbs. If i find someone I will give everyone a heads up who is interested in ITB's on the Sport engines...

Or i can go down the supercharger route lol. I already have a Piggyback ECU and someone who can map it for me so the doors are open at the moment :).

Or i can go down the supercharger route lol.

Have fun with that one!

Back to your manifold adaptor plate, any machine shop will make a plate up, it doesn't have to be an automotive place. Anywhere with a CNC milling machine should be able to make something for you, dunno how expensive it would be like, but if you got a batch made, im sure they wouldn't be too difficult to sell on.

John

Yup its looking like i will need to find someone who can fabricate an adapter for my tbs.

This was mine.

Cost £100 for the tools, and I managed to scrounge the Aluminium from work for free, but the materials shouldn't really cost more than £50.

MVC00141.jpg

MVC00143.jpg

MVC00144.jpg

Lupo2203009copy.jpg

Looks funky. Hopefully me engine bay will look like that once i get all the parts ready. Can you recommend anyone in the north west (mainly Manchester) who could fabricate the adapter? Or would you be willing to design one for me and I'll pay you for it?

Have fun with that one!

I'm staying away from the SC anyway as i don't have a good feeling about introducing boost to an engine that isn't designed to handle it.

Can you recommend anyone in the north west (mainly Manchester) who could fabricate the adapter? Or would you be willing to design one for me and I'll pay you for it?

I didn't design it, my friend designed it and gave the drawings to a local machine shop to be 'cut'

I will ask if he still has the drawings, I asked before but he wasn't sure where it was.

I didn't design it, my friend designed it and gave the drawings to a local machine shop to be 'cut'

I will ask if he still has the drawings, I asked before but he wasn't sure where it was.

Would be very handy if they could be found again. If you do find them would you be able to PM me them? Btw, what engine did you have before and what did you end up with after installing the throttle bodies?

What throttle bodies are you using on them? What are you doing for throttle linkage (assuming you had fly by wire).

I think Tigz used a cable Polo engine, and if you look through Caspers build thread Im sure it will be in there about the accelerator linkage

What throttle bodies are you using on them? What are you doing for throttle linkage (assuming you had fly by wire).

I converted to a cable throttle, which is a fun old job!

They are 30mm TB's, the thinnest that you can get to fit it all in with that manifold.

John

What are you doing for engine management? Think ive read somewhere that you can use one from a Pug as they use the same brand of ECU, but they are mapped for faster engines? I am asking because i have an Apexi SAFC ready for my project.

Oh yeah, my engine is the 1.4 100 (BBZ but simuluar to the other one i think)

Edited by Heyaxe

What are you doing for engine management?

Read my build thread, It might give you an idea of what ive done. I have a TB/Supercharger setup.

I run an emerald K3 Standalone ECU. Don't even think about the pug one, thats total crap and it will not work.

You will need a standalone, or at least a piggyback ecu to get the TB's running properly.

John