Lupo Sport engine code?

smitty12

My 1.4 16v 75bh Lupo is about to die so i'm in need of a new engine.

I want to stick the 100bh sport engine in replacement, does anyone know the engine codes for the sport engine?

And can anyone give me any advice on the conversion/issues that need overcoming.

My lupo is on a w reg so not sure if the wiring looms are different or if its just a case of plug and play with swapped ECU

If anyone knows of a sport engine in the Newcaslte/Gateshead area could you let me know aswel :)

There are two -

AFK - very early sports

AUB - later sports, think about mid 2000 onwards.

They are slightly different engines and if you have an AUB sport a AFK won't fit (easily anyway). I know AFK doesn't have an EGR valve and there are 4 instead of 6 screws that go from the sump to the gearbox, not sure about anything else. As on has egr and one doesnt the ECU's will have a different amount of pins to.

Chrisc on here had a 75bhp lupo with a sport lump so might be worth having a word with him.

If you're going through the hassle Of a engine conversion I'd get a polo gti engine, couldn't you go down that route instead?

I had thought about that but the conversion would be far more complicated and the engine is initially a higher cost. My 75bh engine is about to die so i want a quick ish conversion, the sport engine seems ideal to me as thats what i origionally wanted.

+ i've just had my box referbed and had a new clutch, alternator and battery that will all go onto the sport engine.

I had thought about that but the conversion would be far more complicated and the engine is initially a higher cost. My 75bh engine is about to die so i want a quick ish conversion, the sport engine seems ideal to me as thats what i origionally wanted.

+ i've just had my box referbed and had a new clutch, alternator and battery that will all go onto the sport engine.

Oh right fair enough it makes sense. It's hard to get a sport engine but someone is selling a engine and ecu on club lupo, think he's called rich? You should pm him.